Allure main dining rooms

You won't get a choice of all 3 decks.  I believe My Time is now on deck 3 and Traditional is on decks 4 and 5.

We prefer deck 5, near a window, for the least amount of noise.

Main noise problem is the cruise director on most nights making announcements to tell you how great the door, waiters and chefs are, getting people to cheer and parade.  Sound is about 120 decibels.  Really busy league if you are trying to sell fine dining.  I felt like I was at a high school football rally!

Just now, Giorgi-one said:

Main noise problem is the cruise director on most nights making announcements to tell you how great the door, waiters and chefs are, getting people to cheer and parade.  Sound is about 120 decibels.  Really busy league if you are trying to sell fine dining.  I felt like I was at a high school football rally!

Supposed to be how great FOOD is and really BUSH LEAGUE!  

3 hours ago, Giorgi-one said:

I have never heard the cruise director make any announcements in the main dining room.

Often the Restaurant Manager or the Maitre D'  will make announcements.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have never heard the cruise director make any announcements in the main dining room.

Often the Restaurant Manager or the Maitre D'  will make announcements.

This was definitely the cruise director trying to get everyone pumped up to run down to the Promenade and book your next cruise.  Like Isaid it felt like a very loud pep rally and occurred on most nights!

14 hours ago, modes said:

They are all the same.

Decks 4 and 5 are similar. Deck 3 is the American Icon Grill, and that is what it looks like, a grill.  Cramped seating and license plate decorations on the wall.  No Balcony seating and long couch benches with elbows almost touching. 

Its less about which dining room you are in than where in the dining room you are.   Off to the sides, close to the front for us, tends to be quieter.    In the middle of the dining room seems to allow the din from levels above or below to filter down.

DO yourself a favor.   When you board the ship, make a trip to the MDR and check out your seat assignment.    If you don't like the location the matre di staff may be able to reseat you somewhere more favorable....unless you have a very large group, which makes it difficult.

21 hours ago, Giorgi-one said:

😂