Hello again

I've read all about the very impressive career history your associate VP has and he seems to be a very talented individual. However I do wonder if his talents are being utilised to the full. Celebrity Cruises claim he is :-

"Leading Celebrity's visionary approach to culinary experiences at sea, which has won the brand many awards, Chef Gallagher will introduce inspiring new restaurant, bar and interactive culinary concepts to the Celebrity fleet and develop world-class experiences for the recently announced Edge Class ships." 

I wonder this because Celebrity keep the same MDR, Blu and Luminae menus for years, literally. Quality land based restaurants change their menus regularly, they have too to remain competitive. But here on cruise critic we have a number of individuals who have cruised often and can remember what dishes are served on some nights due to the familiarity. I don't believe this is a good thing. 

Surely with the talented team you manage you could change the menus a lot more often. Surely Mr Gallagher's team would relish this challenge as I'm sure his team of 7,000 individuals must be getting bored of serving up the same dishes month after month, year after year. As a Celebrity passenger it is disappointing to know that Blu didn't change its menu for around four to five years. 

So therefore my question to you is, as CEO do you think you could and should maximise the creative talents of your team to give diners a more varied and changing menu in your restaurants? Perhaps you could change the MDR, Blu and Luminae menus at least annually, thus making sailing on Celebrity cruise line more exciting and interesting to those who value the dining experience onboard the ship? 

• Like 3

Even just going through the whole rotation of menus would be preferable to the current system in which the same first 7 days are repeated cruise after cruise after cruise in the included dining rooms (including Luminae) so that only those who sail longer itineraries get to sample some of the other offerings that exist.  The specialty restaurants should also mix it up a bit, even if it's just by offering specials.

• Like 1

Yes, please periodically change the menus, especially in the specialty restaurants. We enjoy our meals in all of the specialty restaurants, but paying to eat the same meals cruise after cruise becomes a bit boring. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Chef Cornelius Gallagher and his culinary team are always coming up with unique, creative and distinct menu choices for our guests. They revisit the menus on a rolling basis including both Main Dining and Specialty Dining while also coming up with new culinary concepts all of the time. Any new menu items offered are complimented by the favorites that our guests have come to count on being on the menus. If you have a specific request, please let the server know when you board to see what might be available. I will make sure to give the team your feedback!  

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

One additional question concerning menu development...

Is it possible to offer 'better', standard and varying vegan options on each ship?

Now, I must try to explain what I would like and it never goes on rotation, the chef's seem to think we want it every night in any venue we might dine in.

There are a few very talented and creative pastry chefs who go out of their way to prepare desserts for us, yet for the most part there is nothing beyond 'berries' offered.

Thank you very much for everything you do to make our experience aboard X relaxing and enjoyable.

bon appetite and bon voyage

• Like 1

Thank you, Bo1953, good point. Next time you are onboard, feel free to ask to meet the chef and share your situation.  They are always looking for new ideas for specialty menus and your feedback will be helpful.  I will make sure to share your suggestion above.  Have a great day! 

• Like 2