What pier is used when Seattle is just a port stop?

andio2of5

I know that cruises that embark from Seattle do so from pier 91. Our coastal in Oct on the Grand Princess has a port stop in Seattle....would they possibly use pier 66 instead so we would be closer to downtown? If not, does Princess provide a shuttle (either free or $$) into town? Anybody have any actual experience of a port stop in Seattle?

Here is a schedule showing Grand Princess using Pier 66 in October 2019.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/seattle-port-6?tab=schedule&month=2019-10#schedule

This is excellent news! I will be on a Coastal this October on the Grand as well, and just assumed we'd use 91. Having been to Seattle many times, we were planning on just walking off the ship and doing whatever. The 66 location is prime for this, obviously.

The Port of Seattle also has a public cruise ship schedule, but for some reason, the file is restricted on their server.

27 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It would also depend on what day of the week.

Pier 66 is a busy terminal with other dedicated lines.

I don’t think it will be too busy in Oct....Alaska season is over. That’s why I was hoping that Princess would use Pier 66 for our port stop.

Thank you all  for the info....it helps for planning our day in Seattle.

• Like 1

Another dandy feature of this pier is that the free waterfront shuttle has a stop near there. It runs from Pioneer Square to the Seattle Center/Space Needle as well as a loop that goes up by Pike Place Market.

Outerdog -- I agree the “2019 Cruise schedule” to the system is restricted on Seattle Port website.  However, if you view the “2019 Cruise Fact Sheet” is states the following:

Bell Street
Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66 • The
Bell Street
Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66 anchors an 11-acre vibrant, multi-use complex along Seattle’s downtown waterfront. It is the home port to Norwegian Cruise Line and Oceania Cruises.

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 • The Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 is located at the north end of Seattle’s waterfront, just 10 minutes from the famous Space Needle and the city’s retail core. It serves Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, HollandAmerica Line, Princess Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International.

Based on the above information, I believe the Grand Princess will be using Pier 91.

John

3 minutes ago, John99 said:

Outerdog -- I agree the “2019 Cruise schedule” to the system is restricted on Seattle Port website.  However, if you view the “2019 Cruise Fact Sheet” is states the following:

Bell Street

Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66 • The

Bell Street

Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66 anchors an 11-acre vibrant, multi-use complex along Seattle’s downtown waterfront. It is the home port to Norwegian Cruise Line and Oceania Cruises.

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 • The Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 is located at the north end of Seattle’s waterfront, just 10 minutes from the famous Space Needle and the city’s retail core. It serves Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, HollandAmerica Line, Princess Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International.

Based on the above information, I believe the Grand Princess will be using Pier 91.

John

While I don't know the real answer - there is a difference from where ships embark and disembark and when they use it as a port visit. 

Edited by Coral

I guess we'll see. They've been there before...

152010260_CrownPrincessatPier66.thumb.jpg.e83d5df5cea05418be965c0074312f19.jpg

The EXIF data for this pic shows a date of Monday, September 15, 2014. No NCL ships were there on that day.

The Port of Seattle site would have the correct schedule. Maybe it'll come back up at some point.

Edited by Outerdog