2 Meal Specialty Dining-Getaway Dec 8-13, 2019

We plan to eat at Cagney's, Ocean Blue and Le Bistro.  What 2 dining venues would we use our 2 SDP  for?  We have never eaten at Le Bistro before. What would be the better deal so we wouldn't have to pay the up charges at any venue?  Are all these  restaurants ala carte?

There are no upcharges at any of these restaurants now (assuming you just order one entree), and they are all a la carte.

All I can suggest is that you try to find current menus and work out which would be cheapest depending on what you are likely to order, and pay for that one a la carte.

Edited by KeithJenner

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, KeithJenner said:

There are no upcharges at any of these restaurants now (assuming you just order one entree), and they are all a la carte.

All I can suggest is that you try to find current menus and work out which would be cheapest depending on what you are likely to order, and pay for that one a la carte.

I haven't sailed NCL for a number of years; before the specialty venues moved towards being a la carte.  I'm confused about how it works with the Free-At-See specialty dining option.  How much credit do you get at each of the venues?  It was much easier to understand when the venues had a flat cover charge.  I've just looked at the menus on the Joy and honestly, I'm shocked at the a la carte prices. Any further information you can provide is much appreciated. 

Edited by ronandannette

24 minutes ago, ronandannette said:

I haven't sailed NCL for a number of years; before the specialty venues moved towards being a la carte.  I'm confused about how it works with the Free-At-See specialty dining option.  How much credit do you get at each of the venues?  It was much easier to understand when the venues had a flat cover charge.  I've just looked at the menus on the Joy and honestly, I'm shocked at the a la carte prices. Any further information you can provide is much appreciated. 

Really simple. Go to a restaurant and have a meal.

Fixed price venues like Teppanyaki and Moderno you get your meal. 

At a la carte restaurants, you get multiple appetizers, one entree, multiple sides, and desserts. 

The one one exception is Food Republic where you get 4 dishes (which is enough food for 2 or more people). 

Edited by BirdTravels

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Really simple. Go to a restaurant and have a meal.

Fixed price venues like Teppanyaki and Moderno you get your meal. 

At a la carte restaurants, you get multiple appetizers, one entree, multiple sides, and desserts. 

The one one exception is Food Republic where you get 4 dishes (which is enough food for 2 or more people). 

Thank you - that's very helpful.  We're looking at the Joy's southbound Pacific Coastal in October.  The prices, with Free-at-Sea and flights included, are almost too good to pass up.  We shall see!

16 hours ago, ronandannette said:

Understand your shock: we just went to lunch yesterday at Bonefish restaurant near us and a Cobb Salad was $17.00. Eating out is getting out of hand, but we all still do it. Using your vouchers you will be able to order 1 entree and side dishes. I don't think, unless you have huge appetites you need to worry. Remember we look at the a la carte prices but most of us use vouchers of some kind anyway.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about the specialty dining.  We will be on a 10 day cruise in May 2020.  We received the 4 perks,

BP, 4 specialty dining venues, internet and shore excursion credits.   We did not have the specialty dining package

on our previous NCL cruises.  Can we make reservations ahead of time or do we have to wait till we are on board?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, jancl57 said:

I have a question about the specialty dining.  We will be on a 10 day cruise in May 2020.  We received the 4 perks,

BP, 4 specialty dining venues, internet and shore excursion credits.   We did not have the specialty dining package

on our previous NCL cruises.  Can we make reservations ahead of time or do we have to wait till we are on board?

Thanks!

You can make reservations ahead of time, but if you can also do it while on the ship. I recommend going ahead and booking ahead to get the most desirable to you seating times.