Carnival "Fare Viewer"

ERNLYN

I really miss the Carnival "fare viewer," we always were fortunate and were able to search out several discounts and or OBC with every cruise.  This time not one cent savings.  It was always exciting to find a better price even if it was only a couple dollars OBC.  I guess like all good things must come to an end. But we still appreciate the loyalty rewards, B-day, and anniversary recognitions Carnival offers.

44 minutes ago, ERNLYN said:

I really miss the Carnival "fare viewer," we always were fortunate and were able to search out several discounts and or OBC with every cruise.  This time not one cent savings.  It was always exciting to find a better price even if it was only a couple dollars OBC.  I guess like all good things must come to an end. But we still appreciate the loyalty rewards, B-day, and anniversary recognitions Carnival offers.

Price drops still exist, but now it takes a little more leg work on our part. We got one a few months ago for our March 2020 cruise. Ended up saving about $60 overall. It's gone up since then, but we look now & again.

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

I miss it too.  It made it so easy too see all the categories within each cabin type, such as 8a, 8b, etc. balcony cabins.

It's still possible to discern this from deck plans, but as Organized said, it takes more work and more time.

The cruisedeckplans website is good for seeing if a single category is located on multiple decks. So if you're trying to price match and it's sold out on one deck, it might still be open on another.

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

A big problem for me is when our category is sold out.  Not really a way around that, as least that I have found.

Nope, once a category is sold out, you can't price match because there's nothing to price match to. But if someone cancels and opens the category back up, you can price match again. Well, unless/until it sells out again. Just make sure to check if that category can be found on others decks. Doing a mock booking, a lot of people look at the deck they booked and assume they're sold out, but it's possible that category can be found on another deck, leaving the price match open.

• Like 1

You just have to check the prices every now and again... they do drop sometimes.  I'm booked for two cruises, so do just that.  I got price reductions for both... $150 for one and $400 for the other.  Even sweeter was that I also rebooked one category higher -- a midship cabin -- and received the $400 price reduction.

Anyway, worth the effort to check every now and again.