GDR - Table for Two and Time Questions

ricka47

1 hour ago, keithm said:

we've found the average pax seems more elderly than those we've seen on other lines.

That's the one thing I don't like about Oceania...and the music and entertainment reflects the elderly demographic. Princess or Celebrity  demographics appeal more to me as well as greater options in activities. I still plan to sail them all though.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

17 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

That's the one thing I don't like about Oceania...and the music and entertainment reflects the elderly demographic. Princess or Celebrity  demographics appeal more to me as well as greater options in activities. I still plan to sail them all though.

I'm starting to worry about overall 'diversity' which I put in quotes deliberately.

46 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm fine with the demographic(we're 65/57)So we're not exactly teenagers ourselves! I find that the entertainment lacks for a couple of reasons. 1)I think the budget is more skewed towards the food(fine by me!) and the fact we're talking a small ship relative to others we've been on: QM2(150000 tons)Regal Princess(148000 tons) Eclipse(122000 tons) Each of those ships can hold 3000 or more pax v/s Riviera at 1250 pax(and less on the smaller O ships) Simple economics of scale at play. Still the entertainers are young & definitely eager to try their best. I find them generally more enthusiastic about what they do than on many of the larger ships. They seem to enjoy interacting with the pax more than on the large ships. We've often seen them sitting & chatting with pax during tea or on the terrace with pax during dinner(as has been the case with us)

• Like 2