Tell me about the SKY !

aceparty

Hello we are going to be on the NCL SKY and looking for good or bad info since they refurbished it. I was on it on May 6, 2011. We will be on a 5 day cruise.

We are Platinum members, Do we still get the 2 free dinners and which locations ?

I just got off the Sky two weeks ago. I am not familiar of Norwegian loyalties program but I was booked in the Owners Suite 9201 and I can tell you that did a wonderful job. Because we were suite guests we received breakfast and lunch at Cagneys every morning. They upgraded Cagneys and all their restaurants. They have taken any hint of the Hawaiian theme off the ship.  I’ve included some pictures of our suite and Cagneys. It was a lovely cruise. 

ED95EAA6-1D35-4DF8-BDB7-D0FE3F46BC0C.jpeg

798EA82A-C753-442F-AE55-E979353C177A.jpeg

63080967-8BE0-43D0-AC40-B8A38A9C07E7.jpeg

53AF53DD-90C0-42C9-B92E-D4491D4798EB.jpeg

E9D52944-9FC3-4EC9-B89C-6046C3FD4D64.jpeg

973B5399-0599-4126-8EE0-A96558F64519.jpeg

D0C11997-D453-4E33-AF9F-3C484F9A472E.jpeg

6637EAEB-DCC3-42B4-8325-D65F14BA7BF6.jpeg

6 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

I just got off the Sky two weeks ago. I am not familiar of Norwegian loyalties program but I was booked in the Owners Suite 9201 and I can tell you that did a wonderful job. Because we were suite guests we received breakfast and lunch at Cagneys every morning. They upgraded Cagneys and all their restaurants. They have taken any hint of the Hawaiian theme off the ship.  I’ve included some pictures of our suite and Cagneys. It was a lovely cruise. 

ED95EAA6-1D35-4DF8-BDB7-D0FE3F46BC0C.jpeg

798EA82A-C753-442F-AE55-E979353C177A.jpeg

63080967-8BE0-43D0-AC40-B8A38A9C07E7.jpeg

53AF53DD-90C0-42C9-B92E-D4491D4798EB.jpeg

E9D52944-9FC3-4EC9-B89C-6046C3FD4D64.jpeg

973B5399-0599-4126-8EE0-A96558F64519.jpeg

D0C11997-D453-4E33-AF9F-3C484F9A472E.jpeg

6637EAEB-DCC3-42B4-8325-D65F14BA7BF6.jpeg

Very nice!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FranknBeans said:

Nothing more than a booze cruise on the 3/4/5 day cruise. They even give you a a barf bag at check in.

We booked the Sky because it was scheduled to go to Cuba, We did not book a "booze cruise". We are also platinum. Perhaps someone else can answer if we still get the two platinum dinners. TIA.

23 hours ago, FranknBeans said:

Nothing more than a booze cruise on the 3/4/5 day cruise. They even give you a a barf bag at check in.

I've been on the Sky twice.  Once to Cuba and once just for a quick Bahama getaway.  The free bar is great!  No barf bag though.  Now I feel left out LOL!  She's a small ship but they did well with the refurb.  Everything looked nice and was in good shape.  Staff is fantastic!  Rich wood finishes.  Nice size cabins.  Food was good.  The Great Outdoor Cafe is a fantastic spot to have breakfast.  Great view!   You'll have fun!

2 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

According to the Latitudes Rewards, you get two free platinum dinners on cruises 5 days or more, so you should be all set. I just got up to platinum myself, so I read carefully 😀

Thanks! I was hoping for that, since I already made reservations for Cagney's and le Bistro.

20 hours ago, vacationbunny said:

We just booked today and I am new to Norwegian...how do you make dinner reservations in advance? Is there a piano bar or pub with nightly entertainment? Thanks. We are excited

Although I have never been on The Sky, I have done smaller NCL ships. I can tell you that you can log onto your account on NCL to make your dinner reservations ahead if time. Usually 90 days ahead, unless you're in a suite, then I believe it is 120 days ahead? I may be off a little on that. I just do it when mybrole call reminds me 😀 There is a theater with nightly shows, and on smaller ships you don't have to book those in advance. Usually they do the show twice each evening, which is nice. You don't need to worry too much about dinner getting in the way. The exception are comedians, who typically do two shows, but the earlier one is more for families. There is also live music throughout all NCL ships, though not an actual piano bar like I remember from my Carnival Cruise way back in the day. Usually there are is also a game show/entertainment at night in a lounge somewhere - Newlywed/Not-so-Newlywed, Quest, 55 seconds to Win It, Weakest Link, Karaoke, sing-along, etc. We did the Dawn for 14 days and the Sun for 10 days and were never bored.

Did the Sky last year to Cuba, nice ship for us but then again I thought the Breakaway was a bore... WAY to many people.

Edit: we live in a tourist town so April to September the island is run over and I don't need that on a vacation.

Edited by bobsfamily

We just got off the Sky as well.  We were on a 3 day weekend cruise, so it definitely had the party atmosphere, but that was expected. 

There is not a dedicated piano bar.  The Atrium bar did have piano music 2 nights, but super small and not the best to relax at.  But there were a few other live music options each night.

I thought she looked in great condition!  I never sailed her prior, but we had no issues, and really enjoyed ourselves.

24 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

does anyone have the current drink menu for the all inclusive?  im told its different from the UBP menu in that the included booze is more bottom shelf.

There is a difference but only for about 2-3 weeks. I think Sept 2 (or 5th) there will be not AI, just the drink package or the upgrade from that.

53 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

im booked on the Aug 31 sail, the last one to have hte free bar.  was hoping to see the menu.

This thread has pics of the AI bar menu, hope this helps! So sad to see this go away... never had to show a card, just order.

we had a great time on the Sky a while back.   got 4 night cruise for $199pp oceanview (our first non-balcony), free drinks.  that's almost impossible to beat, I'd do it again in a new York minute.  I found the ship to be smaller than we were used to but less crowded, somehow. we did notice bumping in to many of the same people somewhat regularly. 

food was fine, room good. so long as you avoided the premade dranks you were winning. 

the ship was updated after our sailing so I'm sure it's even better now.