Shore Excursion Credits -- Free at Sea

desherry

First time on NCL for my wife and I, and we are taking the 20 day Panama Canal Cruise from NYC to San Francisco on Jan 4, 2020. As part of the promotional credits--i.e. Free at Sea, I received the following: Shore Excursions Promotional Credit; I also received another Shore Excursions Promotional Credit for the Exceptional Voyage promotion.

Both of these credits are for $50/stateroom, and are in my name. If I take an excursion that is less that $50/person, will I receive the full $50 credit for the excursion? There are a couple of excursions that we considering that cost less than $50 on this cruise.

50 minutes ago, desherry said:

First time on NCL for my wife and I, and we are taking the 20 day Panama Canal Cruise from NYC to San Francisco on Jan 4, 2020. As part of the promotional credits--i.e. Free at Sea, I received the following: Shore Excursions Promotional Credit; I also received another Shore Excursions Promotional Credit for the Exceptional Voyage promotion.

Both of these credits are for $50/stateroom, and are in my name. If I take an excursion that is less that $50/person, will I receive the full $50 credit for the excursion? There are a couple of excursions that we considering that cost less than $50 on this cruise.

Nope. You have $100 per port. If the cost of the shore ex is less than $100, you get the cost of the excursion. If you don’t use a NCL ShoreEx at a port, you get $0 for that port. Use or lose. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

With the shore excursion credit, if you have a shore excursion that is 35 dollars. you will only get a 35 dollar credit at the end of the shore excursion. you will not receive the full 50 dollars. 

I'm not speaking from experience, but there have been a few posts on CC of people that said they actually revived the full $50 even though their excursion was less than $50.  I'm going to test this out on my January cruise, which has a stop at Harvest Caye.  I usually just chill out on a beach lounger here, but on this trip I'm going to sign up for the stand up paddle boards, which cost $27.  Then I'll see if I get credited with $27 or $50.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. You have $100 per port. If the cost of the shore ex is less than $100, you get the cost of the excursion. If you don’t use a NCL ShoreEx at a port, you get $0 for that port. Use or lose. 

I think it is $50 per stateroom, not $50 per person so it would be $50 per port, not $100 per port

5 hours ago, desherry said:

First time on NCL for my wife and I, and we are taking the 20 day Panama Canal Cruise from NYC to San Francisco on Jan 4, 2020.

Hello!  We are on this sailing as well -- the Gem is a wonderful ship!   Please come over and join the Roll Call.  🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2662718-norwegian-gem-january-4-2020-panama-canal-from-ny/