Port Canaveral (Breakaway) boarding time

kpjb

Sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time, and just did my online check-in.  I wasn't given the option to pick a time to arrive at the dock as I always have been able to do at Port of Miami.

Do they not do this for Port Canaveral, or did NCL change something up?  I hate the thought of 4000 people showing up to this ship all at the same time.

They won't show up all at the same time due to different flight times, drive times, etc..  The assigned boarding times were not enforced anyway. 

If you want to avoid any crowds, show up as late as you feel comfortable, like 1pm for a 4pm sailing.  Most passengers will be onboard already.  If you're flying in the day of departure, keep in mind that the port is about an hour from Orlando International.

2 hours ago, kpjb said:

Sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time, and just did my online check-in.  I wasn't given the option to pick a time to arrive at the dock as I always have been able to do at Port of Miami.

Do they not do this for Port Canaveral, or did NCL change something up?  I hate the thought of 4000 people showing up to this ship all at the same time.

Its not a boarding time. It is a suggested checkin time. Boarding will begin around 11:30. Check in will begin around 9:30.

Flying in the night before, and I usually try to get onboard early and have a nice lunch at Savor, which usually isn't that busy.

I know that it's not a strict rule, but every time I've sailed out of Port of Miami, it has let me choose a time to arrive at the pier as part of the online check-in, then when at the pier they'd check my docs and if it's in the allotted time, they send you straight in... maybe they just sent everybody in, I don't know because I've always shown up during my allotted time, but this was at least a way to try to spread out the crowds.

The pic that is attached is off of a cruise earlier this year.  This column is not on my eDocs for the November sailing.  Just thought that was odd.

20190803_130226.jpg

I'm sailing breakaway out of Miami just before she moves to Canaveral. There was no select your boarding time for my cruise either. So either they're getting rid of it in both ports or just on breakaway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk