Cruise Count -- Membership Question

Italy52

What are the guidelines for counting cruises to get one to the "next level?"  For example, if I have taken 15 cruises and and then complete a 4-day cruise does this bring my cruise count to 16 thereby qualifying me as Elite on my next booked cruise?

Yes.  Every cruise will count for 1 or more cruise counts.  Sailing solo counts for two cruise counts, and sailing in a suite counts as 2 cruise counts.  Sailing solo in a suite will count as three cruise counts.

Edited by dweeb
  • Like 1

Correct. They count based off the number of cruises you have taken, not by the days when determine loyalty tiers / status. There are also ways to earn double credits within a sailing. If you travel solo and pay double occupancy you receive 2 credits. If you stay in a suite cabin (not mini,) that's 2 credits per guest. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  Now, here is the next question:  If you are doing a b2b and after taking one of those legs you now become Elite, does status change for the second leg?  And, if so, how is that handled?  Would I have to check in with the Loyalty rep. on the ship?

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks everyone.  Now, here is the next question:  If you are doing a b2b and after taking one of those legs you now become Elite, does status change for the second leg?  And, if so, how is that handled?  Would I have to check in with the Loyalty rep. on the ship?

Yes,  if you have 2 booking numbers your status will change, but here is the tricky part: the record keeping will not quite keep up with you. Your record will not be updated until after the cruise is over, but the lists for mini-bar setups, etc., are going to be run before that update is actually done.  It would be a very good idea to check in with the Captain's Circle rep a few days before the end of the first cruise, and let him/her know that you are staying on board, and this cruise is your 15th, so at the start of the next leg you will be Elite, and that should trigger the mini-bar and free laundry, etc.

• Like 1

It depends. If the b2b is booked as 1 cruise, then you will not become elite till after both legs are done. Now if the b2b cruises are booked as 2 separate cruises, then after the first leg is complete, you are elite on leg #2. It should be automatic switch over, but any issues you encounter contact the captain circle rep while on board. If the medallion status colors bothers you , if you have a B2B as two separate Cruises and you really want the black Medallion you go to the front desk and they will make you a new one.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on status changing on B2B.  For military OBC, I think we will just have to keep the B2B under one number so we get the larger OBC.  At least now I know how things work.  Many thanks again to all who provided input, I appreciate it.

Some of the information provided is not exactly correct.

The number of booking numbers is not relevant. Each leg of the voyage is counted as 1 cruise credit* no matter how the cruise is booked. If the first leg is your 15th, then on the second leg of the b2b you will be Elite. As another poster mentioned your status my not catch up with you. It's a good move to visit the Captain's Circle rep. during the first voyage to discuss.

* or multiple cruise credits when in a full suite, solo or both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

Correct. They count based off the number of cruises you have taken, not by the days when determine loyalty tiers / status. There are also ways to earn double credits within a sailing. If you travel solo and pay double occupancy you receive 2 credits. If you stay in a suite cabin (not mini,) that's 2 credits per guest. 

They do count days for loyalty.

image.png.c0b98ce472a29c76a1502bdf2c630007.png

image.png.a8428be4797f5e749763d439baa28ef8.png

image.png.b79e9765c57e74b758fe5064d91ee4c2.png

3 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

They do count days for loyalty.

image.png.c0b98ce472a29c76a1502bdf2c630007.png

image.png.a8428be4797f5e749763d439baa28ef8.png

image.png.b79e9765c57e74b758fe5064d91ee4c2.png

Guess I worded it wrong. you are 100% correct they do count towards today. However the OP was asking if they also counted by just the # of cruises taken. Was just clarifying that they indeed do.

• Like 1