Secrets of Tokyo

Thinking of booking a Tokyo to Tokyo cruise on the Explorer in October 2021.  We have never been to Asia before.  This would be our first visit. We would appreciate any information and/or advice regarding airlines from the US (West Coast) to Tokyo, Tokyo hotels and places to see.

My favorite to Japan is JAL first class. Non-stop LAX to Tokyo. JAL is a One World partner and they have some 787 planes on tht route too ANA is good too.

I would also consider United. United service is not as good as JAL, but I like their 787 Dreamliners. Singapor also flies non stop but on older 777's.

J

Book a private guide (we used and loved Tours by Locals) to take you to the fish market.  I believe the older market that held the tuna auctions is closed.  But the fish market in Tokyo was a highlight for us....and Tokyo has so many highlights!!

We had a great flight on AA, first was small and very comfortable with great service.  We also stayed at the Hilton (it was a Regent hotel, but we stayed on are own), nice hotel but to far away from anything you want to do.  Also a must if you enjoy steak, (they serve A-5 beef), reservation a must, small place on the 8 floor of a building. It's called Ginza Steak First Shop.  It's a all you can eat-but cooked to order in front of you. It's not your buffet, but a real restaurant, you look it up on line.  Book before you leave as they only have 18 seats. Cost is about $125.00pp, but worth every penny. 
They take credit cards.

A year ago we used Backstreet Guides in Tokyo.  We took two tours with them and both were excellent.  There tours are walking intensive so keep that in mind and do your research.  We walked about five miles with each tour over several hours.  We did get a great overall view of Tokyo.  We flew Singapore Business using points that we transferred into their program.  Very nice flights.