India Disappearing From Regent Schedules

mrlevin

Only stop in Mumbai in 2021 is on Mariner's World Cruise.  Only stop in Mumbai in 2022 is Explorer's reposition from Asia to Europe.  Not even the Abu Dhabi to Cape Town trip in Oct/Nov 2021 is stopping in India.

I am all for the additional Northern Europe trips (three ships summer of 2021) but it seems strange to drop Beijing (no stops in 2020 and only one in 2021 and none so far in 2022) and India from the schedules; especially with five ships.

Just my two cents,

Marc

It seems that Regent drops ports for a couple of years and then starts them up again and everyone gets excited.  As you may recall, this happened with Cape Town.  There was one year where there were no cruises to Cape Town.  When it returned to the schedule, the itineraries were quickly booked up (more or less like Japanese itineraries are doing now).  They dropped Vancouver to Tokyo (or visa versa) for so many years that we took the itinerary on Silversea.  Once again (perhaps because it goes to Japan), now that it is back, it fills up quickly (and Silversea still has it for less money).

Just my opinion.  Going to check out the Middle East because if there is any "iffy" area, that it is (at least for now).  

P.S.  Just checked and there are many Middle East itineraries.  Go figure!

Edited by Travelcat2

38 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

Do you know something I don't? I've just checked the world cruise 2021 on he Mariner and it lists Kochi, Mangalore, (Goa), Mumbai. It was one of several reasons why we chose this cruise instead of another line's itinerary.

Look at first sentence of my post; ONLY stops in India in 2021 is Mariner World Cruise.

Marc