BirdTravels to Alaska on the Norwegian Joy

BirdTravels

On 11/16/2019 at 1:27 PM, JVilleGal said:

Can someone recently on Joy comment about the Race Track? I have seen “side by side” seating for 2 as well as Solo riders carts. The carts that are “Side by side” work for younger kids who want to ride buy are not quite tall enough. Are the carts for Two still there or are they now gone?

If you look at post #297 (a couple above) you will see times like at 9:30 am where they are running the double carts on the track. And where they open the track for solos at 11:30. 

35 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

So we have 4 grandchildren going with us, all but the youngest meet the height required to ride the carts. The youngest Is 3in too short, can he ride a double with a parent????? Does anyone know how the doubles work? Ty

They run the double carts at different times,  they don't mix the singles and doubles.  They would not be able to ride in the same race if the taller kids want to all drive. I believe it's $30 for the doubles, at least that's what we were charged, $15 per person  on the Joy last week. 

Thank you I understand that but will they let the youngest who is 3in too short ride with his dad. They are so excited about those darn carts and I’m afraid the 9 yr old won’t even be allowed to ride. I understand he can’t drive.

9 hours ago, JVilleGal said:

Thank you I understand that but will they let the youngest who is 3in too short ride with his dad. They are so excited about those darn carts and I’m afraid the 9 yr old won’t even be allowed to ride. I understand he can’t drive.

My daughter is also to short, that is why they have the doubles, so the little kids can still ride.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:29 AM, JVilleGal said:

There is still a max weight of 265 lbs  on the double cars. 9 year old weight+ 2nd driver weight= under 265 lbs or they can’t ride. We didn’t realize that part until they pulled out a scale when we showed up to ride. 

17 minutes ago, MamaDre said:

There is still a max weight of 265 lbs  on the double cars. 9 year old weight+ 2nd driver weight= under 265 lbs or they can’t ride. We didn’t realize that part until they pulled out a scale when we showed up to ride. 

That's weird,  because my husband and daughter just did it together and they are 300 lbs together. 

2 hours ago, MamaDre said:

Thank you we will keep that in mind. Daddy can ride with the oldest and Papa can ride with the youngest. That should keep the scales happy!

Super  Helpful, Thanks so much. Just one more week we board on the 21st.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, BirdTravels said:

The waiting area is kinda disorganized. We never found a priority boarding sitting area. 

Tip: in hidden room beyond the bathrooms boards first before the main waiting room. If you are in a hurry to get onboard, wait in the far room. 

64AB50B5-C318-42ED-83DB-74FFA72E920E.jpeg

20F77284-86E0-4E61-9C74-78E379D21D26.jpeg

17C51580-E05D-4894-8AE6-1BDB869A68B9.jpeg

Do you think Platinum or CAS lines would be faster?

On 12/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is this free?

Yes. It is complimentary. And works very well. They pick up your bags on the last night and you get them at your destination airport. And you don’t pay any fees for overweight bags (if you went overboard with the Alaskan souvenirs)

They also give you your boarding passes, so at the airport, you head directly to security without fussing with printing boarding passes. 

On 12/27/2019 at 9:58 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

Do you think Platinum or CAS lines would be faster?

The only place that CAS give priority boarding (that I know of) is Manhattan. 

They emptied the small room in back before calling Platinums in the main waiting room. So even if you were platinum priority boarders (which we were) there were a couple of hundred people ahead of us on the gangway. We were actually Concierge which was called before platinum,,, still with 200 people (or more) ahead of us. 

Edited by BirdTravels