Summit Spa Cafe

soozles

Hi all, I’m going to be on the Summit soon with my husband and my 8 month old. I was looking at the deck maps, and am I correct in that the Spa Cafe is located in the adult only solarium? So if I wanted to get breakfast/lunch from there, I wouldn’t be able to go in to get food with the baby? I was looking at the menu and avocado bruschetta and banana bagel sounds really good. I tend to be the one who gets up early with the baby while my husband stays up late with him, so chances are I’d be on my own for breakfast. 

@soozles

Based on what I've read on other posts about the solarium and Spa Cafe, you should be fine. I'm not an expert cruiser in any level, but my novice assumption is that the Adults Only part is to keep kids from running around like maniacs in the pool area and create a more relaxed space. If I was onboard and saw you bring your baby into the area to eat, I wouldn't think a thing about it. 🙂 

If I'm wrong, I'm sure one of our more experienced cruisers will show up here to let us both know the true story.

The thing I was pleasantly surprised about was that the Spa Cafe was open for all cruisers - my first cruise, I didn't realize that and thought it was just for the Aqua Class passengers.

1 hour ago, bhughey said:

Not a problem at all.... the age restriction pertains only to the pool.

I love the fresh made juices and smoothies at the spa cafe!

I agree with Jane Austen Cruiser- I would not think anything about it either if I saw you bring your child to the cafe  but that's not what happened to us recently- our 3 year old grandchild was sitting, watching the fountains in the solarium on Equinox (not in the pool and not speaking or making any noise as he was fascinated by the jumping water sprays) and we were asked to leave. The staff member was pleasant but just pointed to the sign stating the age restrictions for the area.

Hopefully over by the spa cafe seating, that would not be the case.

3 hours ago, soozles said:

Hi all, I’m going to be on the Summit soon with my husband and my 8 month old. I was looking at the deck maps, and am I correct in that the Spa Cafe is located in the adult only solarium? So if I wanted to get breakfast/lunch from there, I wouldn’t be able to go in to get food with the baby? I was looking at the menu and avocado bruschetta and banana bagel sounds really good. I tend to be the one who gets up early with the baby while my husband stays up late with him, so chances are I’d be on my own for breakfast. 

I live in the Solarium because I am a melanoma patient and there is absolutely no problem with children eating in the Aqua Spa Cafe.  They use to have a pretty good oatmeal there but not sure if its still on the menu. 

On 8/7/2019 at 8:23 AM, soozles said:

Sounds amazing - my hubby will love the avocado bruschetta.  I'm going to go search for those menus...