Email Upsell Fairy - More What Would You Do?

amyotravel

I don't know about being on such a high deck because you are so far away from everything. Especially on Vista with the complaints about the elevators.

In a regular balcony room now at the very front of Deck 8 next to the bridge. I don't know if there are issues there about keeping curtains closed for light due to location next to bridge (8201). Asked about that in another thread but got no replies. Otherwise, we are fairly happy with the cabin.

Got an upsell offer today for Cloud 9 spa balcony on Deck 14 total of $158 for cabin. Any reason I would actually want to do this?

Edited by amyotravel

1 minute ago, bury me at sea said:

Are you interested in using the spa facilities on the Vista?  Are the saunas and T-pool passes for two people included?  Is the balcony covered?

The deck level wouldn't bother me in the least but I would sure be interested in the other issues.

Yeah, trying to find that out also. Hoping someone knows!

We got the same offer for our October sailing on Vista. Actually we got it for $109 increase from a cove balcony. It all depends on where you plan to spend alot of time. We had already planned to get spa package, and I also use the gym daily and we spend alot of time on serenity too so that makes it convenient. Also we thought about the time spent on lido versus the lower decks. We felt it was a bargain for us, but may not be for you. 

We are not into anything "Spa"... so would not upgrade.

Y'all need to answer this same question.  

I also think Decks 7 and 8 are the best decks on the Vista to book a cabin on... love being sandwiched between decks that have nothing but cabins.

$158 would buy you and yours two steakhouse dinners... just say'n.

Just now, VentureMan_2000 said:

We are not into anything "Spa"... so would not upgrade.

Y'all need to answer this same question.  

I also think Decks 7 and 8 are the best decks on the Vista to book a cabin on... love being sandwiched between decks that have nothing but cabins.

$158 would buy you and yours two steakhouse dinners... just say'n.

I am leaning your way, VentureMan!

Do you know anything about being right next to the bridge, which we are in 8201? Can't get responses on that!

14 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Do you know anything about being right next to the bridge, which we are in 8201? Can't get responses on that!

Sounds like this is a wonderful balcony to have... 

Check out this thread:   

Edited by VentureMan_2000

These "upgrades" sometimes aren't. On our last Inspiration cruise, we booked a porthole cabin (for those who don't know, Carnival lists porthole cabins as "Inside Cabins"). A few weeks before the cruise, we received an email offering us an "upgrade" from our porthole cabin low on the ship to a true inside cabin in the middle of a higher deck. And they wanted to charge us more for it, to boot!

We had a good chuckle and eyeroll over that one.

Edited by RaiderDuck
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

With the Captain being able to wave at you... I would suppose boom-boom of the balcony would be out...  😂

Oh for sure. Not an exhibitionist-type of person anyhow! So no probs there!

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Are you interested in using the spa facilities on the Vista?  Are the saunas and T-pool passes for two people included?  Is the balcony covered?

The deck level wouldn't bother me in the least but I would sure be interested in the other issues.

Vista doesn’t have a thalassotherapy pool. That may or may not matter to the OP. 

7 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Vista doesn’t have a thalassotherapy pool. That may or may not matter to the OP. 

I haven't sailed the Vista though thought I had read it had one, inferior to those on the Dream class.  For me that is the only reason to pay extra for a spa cabin.

Thanks for your correction.  I don't want to spread misinformation.

I received an upgrade offer for the Vista on a December 2019 sailing.  I had cabin 7277 and went to 10264 for $26.  I was on the lido deck on the Splendor last year and it was nice just walking out our door, around the bank of elevators and out to the pool deck.  I hope I made a good decision with this change.