Car seats

fpcruiser

1 hour ago, fpcruiser said:

This will be our first cruise with toddlers. My dd will be bringing 2 carseats. Those of you who bring them, do you put a tag on them and give them to the poeters or do you just arrive after 1 and go straight to your cabin?

I wouldn't hand over car seats to a porter.  Often the luggage isn't handled all that gently during the transit from shoreside to your room.

For myself, I didn't use them in busses but I brought them for embarkations from Florida (for example) to get between the ship, airport and hotel. I also used booster seats on port stops. I don't think I brought my daughter in taxis in the islands when she was pre-booster seat.

Anyway. I wouldn't hand the carseats over to porters (nor would I check them with my luggage on the airplane). As a previous poster noted, they may not be handled with much care.

You can get clips to attach car seats to your carry-on luggage (Google for it) and you can also get fold-up luggage carts (e.g. from WalMart) to make the car seats into carry-ons.

when we brought our car seat with us, I didn't trust porters with my $300 seat. I am very picky about who gets to handle it. It's a life saving device after all.

Car seats are discussed a lot on the Family cruising board. 

I attached my car seat to a Magna cart with bungee cords and used it to wheel it around the airport and the port. One can also use it as a sort of a stroller. Below are some example, and also a pic of my kid in his Britax Frontier CT on the plane. He was 5 at the time.

If they bring a stroller, you can also attach a car seat to a stroller.

20160410_174007 copy.jpg

agzaD1aQi5eAbsjYJkg4rpMERMnbqKbl_lg.jpg

bd5b62d70dffcc60bbf2873c65e748ff--magna-car-seats.jpg

qWidPNCMa5q1Oy2happpfAyNBMaTLhlB_lg.jpg

scAZxG7iWMR5xypjDnNvzXhHuOJtNmWU_lg.jpg

So far we have only been using a baby seat and have one that fit on our stroller. When we fly we use a Stokke Prampack to put both the stroller and the baby seat. We will be able to use the baby seat on our next cruise in September, but on the cruise in December we might need to use a bigger car seat and then we will buy another Prampack.

20180725_142630.thumb.jpg.6d299ae6a90d3b05dd60c1eaec0bf433.jpg20180905_181426.thumb.jpg.8d864079550124ec0a553b02ecd22ae4.jpg