Elite Tea Cabin Service Question

MsSoCalCruiser

27 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The only balcony cabin that we have ever had are the Grand Class, Caribe deck balconies.  Now I’m wondering, there will be three of us on a girls trip, will we be able to fit on a deluxe balcony on the Royal Princess with or without the Elite tea service?

I’ve had standard sized balconies on the Royal & Regal and think 3 people would need to stand up.  

The Deluxe Balcony cabins have the same 9’4’ balconies as most other balconies but have the loveseat couch by the balcony.  Premiere Deluxe Balcony cabins are described as having larger balconies.  Most of the side facing balconies are the same 9’x4’ (about 20% less space) but there are some larger balconies that are more expensive aft facing & Dolphin deck fore & aft side facing balconies (Majestic, Sky, Enchanted only).

We’ve enjoyed the UBD several times on the Royal/Regal but there’s not enough room for 3 people.  We liked having a slightly larger balcony with an Emerald deck obstructed view balcony cabin in the bumped out midship section.  The only view obstruction was when looking down & seeing the open Promenade deck.

Here’s our slightly larger obstructed view balcony cabin:

620A91E0-2727-4ED8-B8B1-79F8E2DBEB15.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You’re welcome!  I’m home today not feeling the best and have been watching your videos In between naps so thank you!

Well, are they putting you to sleep or making you sicker? 

Take care, and hope you feel better!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve had standard sized balconies on the Royal & Regal and think 3 people would need to stand up.  

The Deluxe Balcony cabins have the same 9’4’ balconies as most other balconies but have the loveseat couch by the balcony.  Premiere Deluxe Balcony cabins are described as having larger balconies.  Most of the side facing balconies are the same 9’x4’ (about 20% less space) but there are some larger balconies that are more expensive aft facing & Dolphin deck fore & aft side facing balconies (Majestic, Sky, Enchanted only).

We’ve enjoyed the UBD several times on the Royal/Regal but there’s not enough room for 3 people.  We liked having a slightly larger balcony with an Emerald deck obstructed view balcony cabin in the bumped out midship section.  The only view obstruction was when looking down & seeing the open Promenade deck.

Here’s our slightly larger obstructed view balcony cabin:

620A91E0-2727-4ED8-B8B1-79F8E2DBEB15.jpeg

Thank you. We have a Portside cabin almost all the way aft so it sounds like we will be standing while we enjoy our tea.  It’s too late for us to change cabins unless we receive an Upsell of course.  I also have another cruise booked on the Royal two weeks later but we have an inside cabin for that cruise. I am really hoping for an upsell offer on that one but I doubt it will happen. Thanks again Astro Flyer! 

21 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. We have a Portside cabin almost all the way aft so it sounds like we will be standing while we enjoy our tea.  It’s too late for us to change cabins unless we receive an Upsell of course.  I also have another cruise booked on the Royal two weeks later but we have an inside cabin for that cruise. I am really hoping for an upsell offer on that one but I doubt it will happen. Thanks again Astro Flyer! 

You’re welcome...enjoy both cruises!

We liked having the loveseat couch for when the weather wasn’t good to be on the balcony. We greatly enjoy the Royal-class ships & so happy to drive to the Port of LA to cruise on the Royal Princess. 😃  

Besides coastals & Mexico wished the ship did the roundtrip LA to HI. 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metairiegal said:

Is this only for elites in a balcony cabin?  I can't see it in an inside on ocean view!

According to Princess' website: 

Afternoon Tea
Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least six hours prior to the desired delivery time.

13 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You only have to have Elite status; cabin type doesn’t matter.

Would a non Elite in a full suite qualify for this service? I don’t make Elite till after my next cruise, but I’m in a full suite for that cruise.

10 minutes ago, polmcs said:

Would a non Elite in a full suite qualify for this service? I don’t make Elite till after my next cruise, but I’m in a full suite for that cruise.

That I can’t answer because I’m an Inside Cabin kinda girl, lol.  Well sometimes I book a balcony...

2 hours ago, Debbdo said:

According to Princess' website: 

Afternoon Tea
Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least six hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Something new for our next cruise😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, polmcs said:

You betcha.  Complimentary Afternoon Tea Service is a Suite perk.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Edited by Ferd Berfle

17 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

You betcha.  Complimentary Afternoon Tea Service is a Suite perk.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Woohoo! Thank you for the link. I might make use of the priority disembarkation option that is also mentioned in that link. I’m supposed to be at work the day we disembark, so the sooner I get off, the sooner I get to work, though I still have to wait for Avis to open in Long Beach to pick up the rental to drive back to San Diego. 😉 Priority will hopefully get me to the front of the line when I think it’s time to get off and meet the Uber. As the cruise departs from Vancouver, I’m thinking that we will preclear customs and immigration on embarkation. 

1 hour ago, polmcs said:

Priority will hopefully get me to the front of the line when I think it’s time to get off and meet the Uber.

About midway through your cruise, you will receive the disembarkation form.  Complete it saying you want earliest disembarkation possible for your circumstances.  Just remember that the folks with self-disembarkation (carrying all your luggage) are first in the process.  Then come those who put out their luggage the night before and claim it in baggage claim.  Sometimes - when not many are doing self-disembarkation - it is just a matter of a few minutes difference between the groups.  If lots have opted for self-disembarkation it will be longer before they start the groups claiming luggage. 

You'll receive your specific disembarkation instructions including timing a day or two before arrival.  If the times don't work for you, go to the guest services desk (since you are in a suite use the elites and suites line which is usually faster).  I'm sure they will accommodate you.

There is no point in getting off at silly O’clock as Avis doesn’t open until 8:30, so my plan was to aim to get off at around 8:15, order an Uber and pick up my bags and be in Long Beach just as Avis opens. I was hoping that having priority disembarkation would mean that I could make sure that I could leave the ship around 8:15.

8 hours ago, polmcs said:

There is no point in getting off at silly O’clock as Avis doesn’t open until 8:30, so my plan was to aim to get off at around 8:15, order an Uber and pick up my bags and be in Long Beach just as Avis opens. I was hoping that having priority disembarkation would mean that I could make sure that I could leave the ship around 8:15.

When you fill out the disembarkation questionnaire fill out 8 am (giving you time to actually disembark).  If they don't assign that time when you receive your instructions, check when the closest independent traveler group is disembarking (the entire list of groups and times is on the back page of the instructions) and then go to customer service and ask to be assigned to that group.  That shouldn't be a problem.