FTTF departure times

Bollycats

I just went to purchase FTTF and it says there are 6 left for 12:00.  Were there earlier times and I missed out them? Does this mean I can't get on until 12? If so I might as well not buy it and just wait for my room to be ready at 1:30PM. 

Thank in advance!

We are booked in a suite and I was very upset to find out that our cabin would not be ready until 1:30 PM. So I purchased FTTF. I checked in this morning and find that the check-in time is 11:30 a.m. till 12 noon. Does this mean we won't be on the ship until around noon? If so I just paid $80 for FTTF for only an hour and a half of not carrying my luggage around. Not really worth it to me. I thought we might board around 10:30 or 11 so all those hours would be worth it. I usually cruise on Princess and I can get into my room immediately so I'm not used to this. It's stressing me out way too much!

2 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

We are booked in a suite and I was very upset to find out that our cabin would not be ready until 1:30 PM. So I purchased FTTF. I checked in this morning and find that the check-in time is 11:30 a.m. till 12 noon. Does this mean we won't be on the ship until around noon? If so I just paid $80 for FTTF for only an hour and a half of not carrying my luggage around. Not really worth it to me. I thought we might board around 10:30 or 11 so all those hours would be worth it. I usually cruise on Princess and I can get into my room immediately so I'm not used to this. It's stressing me out way too much!

Check in time and boarding time are different... you can disregard checkin time even if you have a time selected because you have FTTF... you can check in whenever you want. Once in the boarding lounge, you'll wait til they begin the boarding process, and you'll board after wedding parties and VIPs... so you'll be onboard earlier than most, but the time depends on when the ship begins boarding. Typically, if there are no delays, boarding begins around 11 AM.

FTTF also gets you other perks that the suite doesn't (like priority line at guest services, priority tendering, priority disembarkation) so it's worth it to me!

• Thanks 1

As explained earlier though you must choose a check-in time, you completely ignore it if you have FTTF.  It has to do with the computer program.

With FTTF you may arrive when you choose, check in as soon as the terminal is open, board directly after platinums and diamonds, AND your cabin will be ready.

On my last cruise on the Magic in June out of Fort Lauderdale, I arrived at the port around 10:30 and went through the FTTF priority line to check in.  They had a special seating area for FTTF where I waited until they started boarding FTTF around 10:50 am.

31 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

This is the Ecstasy in Jacksonville, to be specific. So you're all saying I should show up around 10:30 and may be on board soon after that? Then FTTF is worth it to us. Thanks everyone!

It literally depends on the port, whether the ship arrived late which would hold up boarding, there are many factors involved. If you have FTTF, you will board after weddings, diamond, Platinum and suites so possibly by 11:00. Rooms might not be ready by then but you can go to your room with FTTF and leave your carry-ons. 

Pat

Bollycats, question...how close did you purchase your FTTF before your cruise.  I want to purchase two, and I have been checking every day several times a day and it states Sold Out.  Just wondering Cruise June 2020. Never done FTTF, any suggestions ?  

1 hour ago, Diggerof4 said:

Bollycats, question...how close did you purchase your FTTF before your cruise.  I want to purchase two, and I have been checking every day several times a day and it states Sold Out.  Just wondering Cruise June 2020. Never done FTTF, any suggestions ?  

our cruise is the beginning of November and I just booked it yesterday. It said only 6 were still available.

• Thanks 1

FTTF for our cruise August 29th on the Sunshine had been sold out as we only booked a few weeks ago.  Looked this morning online and it showed FTTF available and booked it.  First Carnival cruise, hope the extra $$ is worth it.  Only 16 days to go.

• Thanks 1

We get it for my wife.

She doesn't travel well with migraines and lingering effects from a car wreck years ago.

Its nice to get to the port, on the ship and into the cabin to lay down if she is having a bad day.

Take a nap and up for Muster and sail away.