Wanting to get to goal weight!

Sweetnspicy

Like many of you I am desperately trying to get to my goal weight before my next cruise. I am down 55 pounds total with 25lbs to go. I have stalled in losing (but haven’t gained) for about 6 months now. I follow WW (weight watchers) but I am thinking of trying something else as I have 168 to our next embarkation day. What is something you all have done to shake up a plateau? I’m desperate!! I just can’t go on another cruise and feel the pressure and shame of not being where I want to be and I really want to wear shorts!! 

I have been doing weight watchers also and losing slowly, up and down the same two pounds...not quite getting to a 10 lb loss with a 25 lb goal loss. I have had a number of trips that keep distracting me from my goal weight. So, now (3 weeks ago) I decided to try fasting 16 hours and then eating my points during the remaining 8 hours. It is working for me. I have lost 3&1/2 lbs! Next week we are going on the Princess Connoisseur Land and Cruise Tour (2 weeks)and I will get back into the WW lifestyle (remember it isn't called a diet anymore!) So, during the fast, you can drink non calorie beverages and of course also include sleeping. I am not working, so I have been doing fasting from 9PM-1PM but could change that timing if I want to. good luck,and even if you lose .04 lbs, it is still a loss!!

• 4 weeks later...

I also do WW and I know the closer you get to goal the slower it comes off. My weight has really slowed down the last six month and I'm within four pounds of goal. You have done awesome 55 pounds down that's great. In the last month I've started losing about a half to three fourths a week I wish it was faster but, at least it's going down. Sometimes we are not eating enough so make sure you are eating your points and sometimes mixing it up and using a big number of extras once a week can help. Make sure to track and measure and just remember the foods are 0 points doesn't mean they are calorie free. This program works I've been on WW for 29months and have lost 187 pounds and have taken  3 cruises. Relax and don't stress you will do this!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Paula B said:

I also do WW and I know the closer you get to goal the slower it comes off. My weight has really slowed down the last six month and I'm within four pounds of goal. You have done awesome 55 pounds down that's great. In the last month I've started losing about a half to three fourths a week I wish it was faster but, at least it's going down. Sometimes we are not eating enough so make sure you are eating your points and sometimes mixing it up and using a big number of extras once a week can help. Make sure to track and measure and just remember the foods are 0 points doesn't mean they are calorie free. This program works I've been on WW for 29months and have lost 187 pounds and have taken  3 cruises. Relax and don't stress you will do this!

Wow PaulaB - Congratulations on your loss!! 187 pounds is amazing!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

looks like you still have some time.  go "keto".  Real keto means 20 grams of carbs a day. So no starch, no sweets.  BUT, you can eat bacon, eggs, butter, huge servings of meats, fish, mayo based salad dressings, cream etc. Leafy veggies,  etc. 

I have lost 33 pounds. and have never been able to stick to any low calorie diet.  And my cholesteral has gone down.  My doctor is fine with it .  And I'm 72 years old.  Try it for at least a straight week- you can't do keto a day or two here and there.  It has to be continuous for at least 5 days to "kick in".