Canadians Checking in at Marco Polo- Air Canada

Jap724

Hi, Just wondering if i will be able to check in on my mobile 24 hours before my flight out of Marco Polo Airport direct to Toronto? Or Will I have to go to a check-in desk? Not sure how international flights works. Any help with this would be great :) 

we usually check in online at the AC website 24 hrs prior

then get boarding passes at the airport ...  we do not have a mobile 

But I think you can get it sent to your phone

hopefully someone that has done the mobile check in at VCE  will comment

1 hour ago, Jap724 said:

Hi, Just wondering if i will be able to check in on my mobile 24 hours before my flight out of Marco Polo Airport direct to Toronto? Or Will I have to go to a check-in desk? Not sure how international flights works. Any help with this would be great :) 

An international flight requires that your passport be verified. So how much can be done with an app/website vs in person really depends on your airline. Of course, with checked bags, you'll need to get tags at the airport anyway. 

Another consideration is whether your airline uses early app/web check-in as a factor in determining upgrade priority. So, you ultimately may be looking at multiple actions.

Perhaps you should contact AC directly for the correct info.

We've used AC to return from many international airports, but not Marco Polo. We've always been able to do online check-in,  but since we always have checked bags, of course need to go to the counter. I believe you still need to do this even with carry ons because they need to verify your passport.

You might get the info you want in your online res.  I'm trying to remember if Norwegian Air didn't allow any online check-in but all others have.  But as people say, you'll still have to present your passport.  But I always check in at the exact moment I'm able to 🙂  Knock wood I've never been bumped (yet) due to overbooking but I try to make sure I'm checked in online and at the airport in plenty of time.