What do you recommend at Canaletto's

racnwdow

Chicken parm is only served on certain nights, but I recommend it. Same goes for the meatball appetizer. Whatever you do, avoid any bolognese sauce items. Last I had it, it was exactly the same sauce from the buffet. Which is fine, but not for the extra cost!

On 8/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, FRANKIEDNYC said:

If it's still on the menu the zuppa de pesce  (seafood soup) is outstanding and to me worth the price alone

Agree.  Always get this.  Way better IMHO than Cioppino  at Pinnacle Grill but very similar. DH always gets  veal dish.  I think they now have a "special" which changes every night as I recall. We much prefer Canaletto over Pinnacle for dinner. 

• Like 1

On Eurodam in March, ate there 3 times, eggplant appetizer was excellent and I had zucchini noodles with the Bolognese for my entree twice as I try to stay low carb when I can. It was excellent, didn't even miss the pasta. I love their Bolognese and sometimes just get a cup of sauce at the buffet for. lunch

On 8/20/2019 at 10:18 PM, Daisyloo said:

We have enjoyed dining in the Canaletto many times, but not with the new menu.  If you're getting it as a complimentary meal, you have nothing to lose.  Go, ask the staff for explanations of the menu - they will gladly help you.  Enjoy.

IF they were serving the Canaletto food in what was once Marco Polo (and on "R" ships is now Pinnacle),,,  then they would have a winner.  Lido is Lido, no matter what they do, it cannot win any awards for atmosphere.   IMO

marco Polo used to be oustanding,    IMOand very different Italian cooking than Canaletto which can border on a 'red sauce ' restaurant for some dishes they serve.

I think that Canaletto has changed their menu, and it is no longer posted on the "Specialty Restaurant" area of the HAL website where you can make advanced reservations.  Is there another site that might have it.  I thought it was posted here somewhere, but can't find it.  I would hate to anticipate having some of the things I have enjoyed in the past only to not be able to order them.  Thanks in advance.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Do you like Italian cuisine?     Is it your favorite ?    Have you ever eaten at Olive Garden or Romano Grill and loved it?       That is the level of the cooking.... Garlic/oil/cheese/pasta/Bread  They have no idea how to cook pasta and serve it other than dump stuff on  it

If you love the cuisine at those places  you might like it.     If you expect more,  then it aint happening  

I have been very disappointed...  I too got a free dinner... I threw it away  ( gave it to someone)    

Do you?