Is Glacier Bay a must do?

Califonria cruiser

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2019 at 2:34 PM, dmdiver said:

We picked our NCL cruise because it goes to Glacier Bay.  Some of their other cruises do not.  Our neighbors recently got back & said it was pretty cool.  They got to see it calving as well.

Years ago my father In law insisted we see Glacier Bay so we booked NCL Star.  Well, as it turns out, this ship had a history of an azipod in disrepair.  It had been going on before our voyage.  So, Glacier Bay National Park wouldn’t allow us in for fear that there might be leaking oil.  I felt so bad for people who flown all the way from places like Germany with hopes of seeing GB. 

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Not anymore.

In the roll call @akolasz   got the email, had originally booked because of Skagway so was happy to go back to Skagway.

I cancelled and booked a different cruise but because of the dates and cost I am missing GB this year unless I also go later in the year as a last minute deal.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 7:39 AM, Coral said:

Not anymore.

Yes, I received the change email awhile back which I was ok with as I had originally booked before Glacier Bay was on the itinerary and was looking forward to the stop in Skagway. A little over 4 months until we leave!