“Live” trip report with pics, Celebrity Constellation, Venice-Barcelona, 8/25-9/03

cl.klink

Economy is, alas, different than business class!

FEB29D6F-CC59-4944-AFDC-8C6838A169E3.thumb.jpeg.1073591944da397db3df67a0b667e0d8.jpeg

But, the method to my madness is that I do not want to sleep heading back to USA from Europe, so I’ll get back to the home time zone faster. 

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink

3 hours ago, newfiegirl4 said:

Fabulous review. Loved reading it and looking at the beautiful pictures! Hoping to do similar itinerary or at least "Malta" in it. Not sure which one it will be as looking for Spring 2021, and nothing released yet! 

Thanks again!

Thanks!

Thanks Joel.

Our first port of call is Split but apart from that the itinerary is identical. You have certainly given us some ideas for places to visit.

Which cabin were you in?. We are in 6136 which is Concierge squeezed in amongst suites on deck 6. 

Regards.

John

3 hours ago, johnoli said:

Thanks Joel.

Our first port of call is Split but apart from that the itinerary is identical. You have certainly given us some ideas for places to visit.

Which cabin were you in?. We are in 6136 which is Concierge squeezed in amongst suites on deck 6. 

Regards.

John

We were 8115. 

Have a a great Time!

- Joel

Terrific review!!!!  Our Connie itinerary in 11/2019 is Venice to Rome, with stops in Croatia (3 ports), Montenegro, Malta, Sicily, Naples and Rome.  Loved your photos of the ports we will be in.  Thanks for a very entertaining review, and glad you arrived safely home!

11 hours ago, DENIE said:

Terrific review!!!!  Our Connie itinerary in 11/2019 is Venice to Rome, with stops in Croatia (3 ports), Montenegro, Malta, Sicily, Naples and Rome.  Loved your photos of the ports we will be in.  Thanks for a very entertaining review, and glad you arrived safely home!

My sister and I are on your cruise! See you on board...

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 10:35 AM, cl.klink said:

We passed on patronizing this fine cafe

- Joel

2F7BE057-A185-4180-930D-FC958081E70A.thumb.jpeg.350c0516f564c90f25dde49bedd68fcc.jpeg

I took my daughter on a Med cruise for her graduation present.  3 days in London, 12 day cruise and 2 nights in Rome before return.  She would not "let" me step into any fast food restaurant, including Mac's House of Fine Beef.  In fact, in Venice I started in one, just wanted to look at the menu, and she pulled me out by the back of my pants! 🙂  

We haven't sailed Celebrity but maybe some day.  We feel like we are home boarding our Holland America Cruise, so I know the feeling.   Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us stuck on land!

11 hours ago, cruisecatmama said:

My sister and I are on your cruise! See you on board...

Cool!  My wife and I are traveling with dear friends who are first-time cruisers.  We are beyond excited!

Have loved reading your trip report and all your photos are beautiful!! You've whet my appetite for my Constellation cruise in a few months.

Your Sicily tour looks incredible! Do you have a link for Giuseppe? I'd love to contact him and book his tour for the day.

Glad you had a great trip!! 🙂

On 9/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, I Luv Crusin said:

I took my daughter on a Med cruise for her graduation present.  3 days in London, 12 day cruise and 2 nights in Rome before return.  She would not "let" me step into any fast food restaurant, including Mac's House of Fine Beef.  In fact, in Venice I started in one, just wanted to look at the menu, and she pulled me out by the back of my pants! 🙂  

We haven't sailed Celebrity but maybe some day.  We feel like we are home boarding our Holland America Cruise, so I know the feeling.   Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us stuck on land!

Thanks for following!

- Joel

On 9/6/2019 at 7:46 AM, maniii! said:

Have loved reading your trip report and all your photos are beautiful!! You've whet my appetite for my Constellation cruise in a few months.

Your Sicily tour looks incredible! Do you have a link for Giuseppe? I'd love to contact him and book his tour for the day.

Glad you had a great trip!! 🙂

The business is L.C.S. Di Giuseppe Leotta, and is under TripAdvisor. Highly recommend.

- Joel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cl.klink said:

The business is L.C.S. Di Giuseppe Leotta, and is under TripAdvisor. Highly recommend.

- Joel

It looked incredible. Thanks for the info - I'll let Giuseppe know you recommended him!

Again, awesome trip report...thanks for sharing 🙂

I am on the November 8, 2019 Connie too. This will be my second time doing this itinerary. The first was 6 years ago in November and we got lucky with the weather. Hopefully that is the case this year. See you onboard cruisecatmomma and Denie!

And Joel, thanks for the great review!

Edited by ptrpanpens

1 hour ago, ptrpanpens said:

I am on the November 8, 2019 Connie too. This will be my second time doing this itinerary. The first was 6 years ago in November and we got lucky with the weather. Hopefully that is the case this year. See you onboard cruisecatmomma and Denie!

And Joel, thanks for the great review!

Hope you have a great time!

- Joel

• 4 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 5:56 AM, cl.klink said:

We were 8115.

Have a a great Time!

- Joel

Joel,

I saw prior threads in which there was some discussion of a possible obstruction from a window washing structure outside of 8115...Did that prove to be a false alarm?

We have 8115 coming up for back-to-backs on Infinity in July...

I hope this cabin is okay...

51 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Joel,

I saw prior threads in which there was some discussion of a possible obstruction from a window washing structure outside of 8115...Did that prove to be a false alarm?

We have 8115 coming up for back-to-backs on Infinity in July...

I hope this cabin is okay...

Yes -- totally a false alarm. Cabin was fine.

Have a great sailing!

- Joel

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2020 at 6:44 AM, blueboo said:

Absolutely loved reading this trip report, your humour and enthusiam shines through and it is a pleasure to read

Thanks!

Your post gave me the excuse to re-read the whole thread.  Was like being back on the trip.

Interesting how much has changed now in our every day lives that we can't do but that we could do then, just months ago.  Hoping to have that kind of access, freedom,and travel-ability again soon.

- Joel

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...