Transfer Question

zogrand

We will be returning to Sydney at the end of our cruise in December.  Our flight out isn't until 10 pm.  Does Norwegian offer transfers to the airport that include a few sightseeing stops also?  We're new to NCL and for those with late departures Princess offers some excursions with sightseeing on route to the airport.  I can't find anything similar on the excursions offered.  Maybe they show up later or are offered if a transfer is booked.  Since we will have all our luggage with us, we thought this kind of transfer would be easiest since we'll be traveling with children.

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, zogrand said:

We will be returning to Sydney at the end of our cruise in December.  Our flight out isn't until 10 pm.  Does Norwegian offer transfers to the airport that include a few sightseeing stops also?  We're new to NCL and for those with late departures Princess offers some excursions with sightseeing on route to the airport.  I can't find anything similar on the excursions offered.  Maybe they show up later or are offered if a transfer is booked.  Since we will have all our luggage with us, we thought this kind of transfer would be easiest since we'll be traveling with children.

Thanks for your help!

Don't know about your particular cruise but in general yes, they offer some shorex that are clearly indicated as excursion with drop-off at airport and states that it's for guests with flight departures after a certain time (like 3 or 4 pm for example).  We have a transatlantic booked that ends in Barcelona and there are a few shorex (even Montserrat) that "end at airport" for later air departures.   Also have a Canada/NE booked that ends in Que. City and that one has shorex that drop you at the airport as well but you must meet the departure time requirement.  Baggage goes on the coach.  

I did one in LA.  Had a few hours' tour and was then dropped at LAX.  Works out quite well price-wise because you will get a tour and the transport right to the airport.  

With your very late departure, you should have no issues as long as they offer this.  If you are booked, check out the shorex page and it should give you some options.  Good luck.

22 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Don't know about your particular cruise but in general yes, they offer some shorex that are clearly indicated as excursion with drop-off at airport and states that it's for guests with flight departures after a certain time (like 3 or 4 pm for example).  We have a transatlantic booked that ends in Barcelona and there are a few shorex (even Montserrat) that "end at airport" for later air departures.   Also have a Canada/NE booked that ends in Que. City and that one has shorex that drop you at the airport as well but you must meet the departure time requirement.  Baggage goes on the coach.  

I did one in LA.  Had a few hours' tour and was then dropped at LAX.  Works out quite well price-wise because you will get a tour and the transport right to the airport.  

With your very late departure, you should have no issues as long as they offer this.  If you are booked, check out the shorex page and it should give you some options.  Good luck.

Thanks!  I am booked but there are no tours at all for Sydney, with or without transfers as part of the tours offered.  It's 4 months out so maybe all the shorex isn't available yet.

Hi,

I would use the Baggage Storage services by SmartCarte in Circular Quay to store the luggage. Their Circular Quay location is really close to where the Jewel will dock:

https://baggagestorage.com.au/locations/circular-quay/

I haven't used their Circular Quay location, but I have stored luggage with them at the Sydney Airport. Reasonable pricing and easy to do.

Then I would just explore the Rocks neighborhood and the harbor area for the day, and then either Uber or take the train from Circular Quay to the airport. It's pretty easy.

3 hours ago, leongcpa said:

Hi,

I would use the Baggage Storage services by SmartCarte in Circular Quay to store the luggage. Their Circular Quay location is really close to where the Jewel will dock:

https://baggagestorage.com.au/locations/circular-quay/

I haven't used their Circular Quay location, but I have stored luggage with them at the Sydney Airport. Reasonable pricing and easy to do.

Then I would just explore the Rocks neighborhood and the harbor area for the day, and then either Uber or take the train from Circular Quay to the airport. It's pretty easy.

Great thought. Will definitely look into it!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  I knew where the Jewel would be docking since I needed/wanted that info before I made my hotel reservations.  We always like to arrive a few days early when we are cruising.  I'd never want to miss a cruise due to flight delays!

We are looking to do a similar tour/transfer at the end of our Christmas cruise.  I asked a Norwegian rep about it when I made our other shore excursion reservations this week.  He said there would be those types of tours offered, but they just hadn't been finalized with the tour companies yet.  In our case, we just hit final payment today and he said to look for those tours to pop up in the next two weeks. 

43 minutes ago, FridaysChild said:

We are looking to do a similar tour/transfer at the end of our Christmas cruise.  I asked a Norwegian rep about it when I made our other shore excursion reservations this week.  He said there would be those types of tours offered, but they just hadn't been finalized with the tour companies yet.  In our case, we just hit final payment today and he said to look for those tours to pop up in the next two weeks. 

Just the answer I was looking for!  I thought it might be something like this.  I'll keep my eye out for these excursions.    We will be with our daughter and her family who live in South Korea.  They will have their 15 and 9 year old sons with them and need to fill the long day before their flight home.  Thank you!!

There are also usually third-party tour operators who can do something like that...we did that to go from Civitavecchia to Rome with other couples from our roll call.  We were all staying over so they dropped us at our hotels, but they could just as easily have dropped us at the airport, which they did for us because it was an airport hotel!

• Like 1