NCL Reduced Flights and TSA Pre check

JamesIowa

My flight for an upcoming cruise is being arranged through the NCL free/reduced flights promo. 

Im assuming if I want to have my TSA pre check number added to the ticket that I'll need to call flight department. From what I've read here though, the time it will take on hold will be more than I'll spend in the regular TSA line. 

Anybody have experience with this? Could my PCC add this or is there a way to email the flight booking people?

im stilll a few months out so they haven't actually made the reservations yet but I think it'll be soon-ish.

thanks

2 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

My flight for an upcoming cruise is being arranged through the NCL free/reduced flights promo. 

Im assuming if I want to have my TSA pre check number added to the ticket that I'll need to call flight department. From what I've read here though, the time it will take on hold will be more than I'll spend in the regular TSA line. 

Anybody have experience with this? Could my PCC add this or is there a way to email the flight booking people?

im stilll a few months out so they haven't actually made the reservations yet but I think it'll be soon-ish.

thanks

Once you have your flight info just call airline directly to add tsa number, as long as their is no blizzard or crazy thunderstorms going on reaching the airlines usually takes less than 5 minutes 

• Like 2

Actually, you may not need to contact the airline.

We recently booked air travel through a different cruise line, and found that the airline involved which was not one we use, had us as TSA pre-check on the boarding passes.

Of course, as we both were placed in the TSA pre-check  program due to past government work security clearances this may not always hold true (Let the usual poster that always screams that being in the TSA pre-check program is not possible without a specific program application  now post to say I am wrong....)

When you are able to see your edocs you can get your 6 digit confirmation number then go to the website for that airline.  You'll be able to do seat changes or other things, as well as enter your KTN (Known Traveler Number).  Did it this year with NCL for both US and international flights this year with no problem.

• Like 1

If NCL books you on an airline that you have an affinity (frequent flyer mileage account) that TSA-Pre-Ck number

should be coordinated with the reservation. One could call the affinity member line for better service to check on this

instead of calling the ordinary routine wait and hold reservation line. You may want to do this if upgrading your

ticket/class maybe giving a break on those baggage fees.

41 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Actually, you may not need to contact the airline.

We recently booked air travel through a different cruise line, and found that the airline involved which was not one we use, had us as TSA pre-check on the boarding passes.

Of course, as we both were placed in the TSA pre-check  program due to past government work security clearances this may not always hold true (Let the usual poster that always screams that being in the TSA pre-check program is not possible without a specific program application  now post to say I am wrong....)

I’ve done some research on Pre TSA. For NOW, you are correct. You actually can get Pre TSA without going through the $85 program. That should be changing soon. There is a bill that is awaiting senate approval that would require anybody using Pre TSA to be approved through fingerprint/photograph and background check ($85 program). 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fk3908 said:

I’ve done some research on Pre TSA. For NOW, you are correct. You actually can get Pre TSA without going through the $85 program. That should be changing soon. There is a bill that is awaiting senate approval that would require anybody using Pre TSA to be approved through fingerprint/photograph and background check ($85 program). 

There are other methods - one that I have called GE Global Entry $100 for five years has all the TSA-PreCk

features and rapid passage through CBI points scanning with passport and fingerprints. It would appear that

the TSA-PreCk is going to adopt the full GE program.

Another method is CLEAR https://www.clearme.com/

CLEAR comes with a fee or service charge $100-150 varied on airline affinity credit card status

Business and First Premier class may no longer be the ticket to use TSA-PreCk gratis (free)

The paid programs may not be worth the hassle for just one flight a year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JamesIowa said:

thanks

Do it when you check in with the airline.

10 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

When you are able to see your edocs you can get your 6 digit confirmation number then go to the website for that airline.  You'll be able to do seat changes or other things, as well as enter your KTN (Known Traveler Number).  Did it this year with NCL for both US and international flights this year with no problem.

We are trying to decide whether to use the reduced air for our cruise out of Barcelona.  We have 3 cabins booked and some of our concerns are:

Crazy long layovers, being on separate flights and none of us seated together for such a long flight.  Were your seat assignments together?  If not, were you able change them?  Thanks!  

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I wouldn’t advise waiting until check in, you can only check in within 24 hours of departure.  There are times they won’t add tsa precheck within 24 hours, not sure if that’s a software or policy issue concerning adding KTN.

I had a flight on an airline I hadn't used before and thought I'd added it to my ticket, but when I printed out my ticket at the airport, no pre-check was showing.  I was able to edit my info and add it without any problem.

32 minutes ago, BOAZ5 said:

We are trying to decide whether to use the reduced air for our cruise out of Barcelona.  We have 3 cabins booked and some of our concerns are:

Crazy long layovers, being on separate flights and none of us seated together for such a long flight.  Were your seat assignments together?  If not, were you able change them?  Thanks!  

With that 6 digit/letter (reservation) record locator log in to the airlines website and enter that 6 digit code to produce

your reservation. You should be able to preview the seat mask chart showing the seats available - seats taken.

You seating should be flagged either by illuminating it or highlighting in some form. Check the seating for the other

members in your family party - see an empty seat(s) next to yours or theirs you should easily be able to change the

seating - need help call the airline. Don't wait too long to do this as other passengers book they too can select seats.