FlightEase-Changing Flights

teacherman

We have a reservation on FlightEase and want to change our departing flight so we leave for SCL one day earlier.  Can we just change the one flight and keep the return flight, or do we have to actually cancel both flights and then select both of the flights, even though we will be selecting the same return flight we now have.  It shows that if we do that, our flights will increase almost $500 pp, even though it is the same return flight.  Any information is welcome.  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, teacherman said:

We have a reservation on FlightEase and want to change our departing flight so we leave for SCL one day earlier.  Can we just change the one flight and keep the return flight, or do we have to actually cancel both flights and then select both of the flights, even though we will be selecting the same return flight we now have.  It shows that if we do that, our flights will increase almost $500 pp, even though it is the same return flight.  Any information is welcome.  Thank you.

Would suggest you contact flight ease if you booked direct with HAL.  Contact your TA if you did not book direct.

Agree with RocketMan that you should speak to an actual person on this.  There have been many reports of people losing their flights unknowingly when they make a change or view a new scenario.  There shouldn’t be any reason why you cannot change just the first flight and leave the return flight intact.

We did this recently- changing our first two flights and keeping our return flight.  Ours went down $44. pp.  I think it depends on the airline’s and their availability - much like when you book yourself.  One day or time might be more than the next day or time. 

Just to report back-I FINALLY got through to someone at HAL.  I was told that IF I re-book the departure flight, it will cancel the entire reservation and I will also have to re-book the return flight.  I realize that prices change each day.  If I re-book the departure flight to the previous day, which is what we want to do, then the first segment will go from business class to coach class, and the price will drop about $250 pp.  (YEA)  BUT if I then re-book the return flight, taking the same flight I am currently booked on, then the price will go up about $450 pp  (BOO).   I can avoid this extra charge by making one extra stop on the way back, and extending the total travel time by about 3 hours.  Just reporting back on what I was told.  Not sure what we will do.