Flights through HAL

Ontariotrekker

I just booked the Trans Pacific cruise coming up at the end of September on Westerdam, and was pleased with the fare via HAL.$107 from LAX to Vancouver(plus the frickin cost of seats-Apparently my luggage can go free on Air Canada but not me! GRR :P~~

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ontariotrekker said:

Thanks everyone - I ended up booking through HAL for flight out, went with direct with airline for the short flight from Vancouver to Toronto.   I saved around $450. CDN.

Shar

Good job Shar 🙂. Glad it worked for you.

I find HAL not always a good price on North American flights but always good on Transatlantic or Transpacific so good to hear.  I have hope for my flight to Vancouver next year when they open.

Like anything you must know what it will cost to fly independently. Our experience has been that the airfare through the cruise ship company has been the same or much better. The thing to remember is that if you book your air through HAL and you have a problem like missing your cruise it’s HAL’s problem. They do a great job. We have booked our air through them on our last 8 cruises.  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:39 PM, Lido deck main said:

We used HAL air this last spring  for direct flight Vancouver to Sydney, Australia, price was $400.00 per person cheaper then had we booked direct.  We went AC.  We have a current HAL flight for our cruise next spring.  We can refare up to final payment in January 2020.  Price for this flight is the same what I can get, no savings on this one.

The thing I liked best about the Easy Air thing is that you get to see and select your own flights.  So many times in the past it was a chore to negotiate with the air department to get good schedules, etc.  and the fact that we can actually see money and select the flight schedules that are best for us is an added bonus.

50 minutes ago, corkpopr said:

I never book air thru the cruiselines.  I want nonstops at the times that I want and I always find that it is cheaper on my own.:classic_cool:

I don’t always book through the cruise lines either - but, you CAN get non stops at desireable times and depending on where you are heading and the class you are flying there can be some significant savings - especially on one way Transatlantic ss 😉 

1 hour ago, corkpopr said:

I never book air thru the cruiselines.  I want nonstops at the times that I want and I always find that it is cheaper on my own.:classic_cool:

We have only booked through the cruise line (HAL) twice,  so not an expert.  But, when I call HAL to book air, I already have done some research.  I know which airline and non stop flight I want.  I tell the rep what I want and have them price it out.  Both times it was much cheaper than booking it myself.  This was for flights before and after  TA cruises.  We picked our seats at the time of booking and I had our rewards card number added to the booking.   We have no complaints with our experiences with booking cruise air.  

Edited by Daisyloo