Requesting a specific waiter in the MDR

Is there a way this can be done ahead of the cruise, or do we wait until we board and then go to the MDR and ask? I know contracts change a lot, and people move around, so it's not guaranteed that a waiter we really enjoyed last summer will be around on the same ship almost 2 years later, but you never know. I know his name and that he was from the Philippines. Since we are sailing on Radiance OTS, it makes sense that he still make have a contract on the ship since it spends a good portion of the year near his home (or at least closer than the USA).

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Is there a way this can be done ahead of the cruise, or do we wait until we board and then go to the MDR and ask? I know contracts change a lot, and people move around, so it's not guaranteed that a waiter we really enjoyed last summer will be around on the same ship almost 2 years later, but you never know. I know his name and that he was from the Philippines. Since we are sailing on Radiance OTS, it makes sense that he still make have a contract on the ship since it spends a good portion of the year near his home (or at least closer than the USA).

As you said, not guaranteed...perhaps you can email them 3 weeks before your cruise.

Try this: rcldining@rccl.com

Bob is correct.  We were on multiple back-to-backs, two ships, earlier this year.  Even when you're on the ship you can't request a favorite waiter: you have to wait until 3pm or later for the assignments to be made on embarkation day.  We would just show up the first night of each cruise and ask for his section, table for 2.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1