Corkage charge

Corfe Mixture

Can someone who has ACTUALLY PAID THE $15 corkage charge at check in please confirm whether or not the charge does not attract an additional service charge.

Please don’t offer speculation, I am an experienced Princess client (who normally fly cruises and therefore doesn’t normally have the opportunity to take his own wine). 

I am aware that the figure of $15 is printed on in the pre-cruise boarding documentation without any mention of any additional gratuities and therefore don’t expect any charge, 

BUT

the question has come up on our Roll Call and we would like to hear a DEFINITIVE answer from someone who has BEEN THERE AND ACTUALLY DONE IT.

If you pay the corkage upon boarding, there is no additional charge. They mark the bottles you wish to take to the dining room and don't mark the one bottle per adult that you wish to consume in your cabin. If you decide to take one of the unmarked bottles to the dining room, your waiter may charge you the corkage fee.

Edited by geoherb

Many thanks everyone.

That is exactly what I believed, but the question was raised on our Roll Call and having said I did not believe that gratuities are added to the $15, I thought it would be prudent to check with folks who had done it recently to make sure that I was not giving incorrect information.

Kindest regards to you all.

• Like 1