Worried about drop in Food Quality and service

phillipahain

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

The 2022 world voyages will probably be announced and go on sale sometime next March. It is too soon to know for sure whether there will be a segment from Southampton to Singapore in 2022. Here are the dates I have when the world voyages were officially announced by Cunard and when they went on sale the past few years.

2021 World Voyages

Announced March 4, 2019

On sale for Cunard World Club members March 12, 2019

On sale to general public March 13, 2019

2020 World Voyages

Announced March 2, 2018

On sale for Cunard World Club members March 19, 2018

On sale to general public March 20, 2018

2019 World Voyages

Announced March 13, 2017

On sale for Cunard World Club members March 28, 2017

On sale to general public March 29, 2017

Thank you very much. Very clear, factual and helpful!

We are about 12 trips with cunard and have put weight on every trip ....i do not ever re-call going yuk and not eating something .After a cruise i usually go through a bacon,desserts withdraw lol. I cannot re-call any noteworthy issues with service  

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 6:36 PM, SAC52 said:

We were on QM2 last year for 4th July, the reception on board for the trip up to St Johns etc for the 4th July cruise was quite frankly appalling. we had sailed on her before so had an incling of the direction to follow to get to our cabin but those who had not sailed before were not greeted by anyone, there was no one at the lifts or on embarkation.We were then transatlantic following this trip, what a transformation, it was like a different ship, better service, better food, greeted when arriving on board.

Sailing again transatlantic in December, fingers crossed.

We took that 4th of July cruise a few years ago, and it was by far the least satisfactory of our half-dozen or so Cunard voyages.  Mostly had to do with the passenger mix:  lots of small children, and people who hadn't cruised before and didn't understand how to behave on ship.

41 minutes ago, Increase Powers said:

We took that 4th of July cruise a few years ago, and it was by far the least satisfactory of our half-dozen or so Cunard voyages.  Mostly had to do with the passenger mix:  lots of small children, and people who hadn't cruised before and didn't understand how to behave on ship.

The ship and passengers shine a much better light on long cruises vs short come ons  . We have only done two short try us cruises with cunard and we have no intention of doing it again,only two week or more for us . 

• 1 month later...

I was disappointed with the general standard of food served in Britannia restaurants in all 3 Queens during our "3 Queens" cruise last year. My disappointment lay really in comparison to other cruiselines that we have cruised with over the years. Cunard promotes the Line as a "luxury" cruiseline - and it really is just another of the many mass tourism lines when it comes to food - actually flagging well behind some that do not have the same pretensions. However- I do not expect to starve during our next 38 days to Alaska on QE. 🙂 

We are coming to the end of our 19 nights on QM2 and the food has been excellent. On our table of 10 diners there has only been one instance of ordering the always available items, and no complaints.

Cunard may be advertised as luxury, but surely that applies to the Grills rather than Britannia. The Britannia is very good but is not at the “fine dining “ luxury end of catering.

• Like 3

Any business enterprise is always trying to improve its bottom line.  This inevitably means applying continuing efforts to cut costs — which has to involve reducing staffing wherever possible (producing a drop in service), and “fine tuning” food preparation (which means cheaper cuts of meat, limiting seafood selections, finding alternative - invariably cheaper - sources of supply). The drop in food quality and service is unavoidable.  Sure - if you pay extra, you can still get quality across the board;  but what comes included in the fare is certain to show decline.