In-room movies on the Veendam

surebeatssailing

We haven't been on the Veendam "yet", but will be in November.

I'm pretty sure the Veendam's TV situation will be similar to what we experienced when sailing over 6 weeks on the Zaandam. There will be a small TV with a DVD player. The ship provides DVD's free of charge to use and there will be an extensive list in your cabin. The movies can be checked out at guest services.

Unfortunately many of the DVD's were damaged and didn't work well, so when my husband wanted to watch a movie he usually got three at a time hoping at least one would play.  The large flat-screen interactive TV with on-demand movies we had in our cabin on the Nieuw Amsterdam was much more enjoyable.

We got off the Veendam yesterday.  Over the course of 67 days, my husband checked out at least 20, if not more, movies.  The “Ship Flicks” booklet in your cabin will list hundreds of movies in a variety of categories.  My husband would take a list of movies to Guest Service since movies could be checked out.

As the previous poster said, some movies would not play or would skip or freeze. Most of the time, this was due to some type of dirt on the disc.  Usually, after a light cleaning of the surface, the movie would play.

You should be able to find plenty of movies to enjoy.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser

21 hours ago, richwmn said:

A list of the movies available on DVD from a couple of years ago is at http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ShipFlicks2.pdf

Most of the movies should still be available and they have added quite a few more. This should give you an idea of the variety available.

That's a very decent selection of movies!  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

In addition to the DVD selections, there are four movie channels on the TV. Two selections on each station alternate, and change every day. 

unfortunately the last two R class ships did not alternate movies. The same one just looped

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

unfortunately the last two R class ships did not alternate movies. The same one just looped

The Maasdam did have two---at least most days---when I was on this June/July, IIRC.