Regal princess connecting room door sound proof?

dchan865

Hi, got a trivial question about the Regal Princess(or its sister ship) connecting room on the Baja deck(B510) that I booked.  The room is a deluxe balcony  so  a sofa is blocking the connecting door. Is the door sound proof? Just curious to know if I'd be able to  hear people's conversation(normal voice) next door to us.  

Thanks.

14 hours ago, dchan865 said:

Hi, got a trivial question about the Regal Princess(or its sister ship) connecting room on the Baja deck(B510) that I booked.  The room is a deluxe balcony  so  a sofa is blocking the connecting door. Is the door sound proof? Just curious to know if I'd be able to  hear people's conversation(normal voice) next door to us.  

Thanks.

The door itself is not the problem. The small space under the door can let noise through, just like the space under the door to the hallway can let hallway noise enter the cabin.

We've never found any connecting door, ship or hotel, to be really soundproof.   As Caribill says above, there's inevitably a space around the door that lets sound through.    In our last connecting room, we could hear muted conversations and tell the TV was on in the next room but couldn't really make out details of what was being said.    

Had connecting rooms on the Regal last Christmas. Not at all soundproof. Our kids were next door, young adults, fairly quiet, but we heard everything they said, particularly if they were standing close to the door. Vowed never again and let our TA know as well.

2 hours ago, h-sar said:

Had connecting rooms on the Regal last Christmas. Not at all soundproof. Our kids were next door, young adults, fairly quiet, but we heard everything they said, particularly if they were standing close to the door. Vowed never again and let our TA know as well.

And I guess they could hear everything you said.

Besides the noise problem from conversations, if the people in one room like to keep their balcony door open at times the whistling from air rushing under the connecting doorway can be quite annoying. 

We made the mistake one time, never again.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, dchan865 said:

Thanks.

Sounds like someone is planning a grand time in the room, wink wink, nod, nod