Brandon's Beach

2xsin12mths

I have read MANY posts on the "best" beach in Barbados and have come to the conclusion everyone likes something different. And one person's best beach may not be the next person's 🙂 So I have decided on Brandon's Beach for me and hubby.

Anyone know if you need to make reservations ahead of time or you can just show up? Our ship gets in at 8:00 so we will be fairly early. 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:12 PM, 2xsin12mths said:

I have read MANY posts on the "best" beach in Barbados and have come to the conclusion everyone likes something different. And one person's best beach may not be the next person's 🙂 So I have decided on Brandon's Beach for me and hubby.

Anyone know if you need to make reservations ahead of time or you can just show up? Our ship gets in at 8:00 so we will be fairly early. 

Always best to book in advance.  

Contact them on Facebook to answer all your questions.

https://m.facebook.com/RascalsBarbados/

Please do not make the 35/40 minute walk, give something back to the Island, and exit the port and take a taxi.  Forget the minimbuuses inside the port.  Fare only $5.00 pp and driver will be happy to take you back at your required time.  Tips are greatfully appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Always went to Browne's Beach - the public area.  Now considering Brandon's Beach as the public area of Browne's Beach has become too crowded for us.  Can anyone tell me if it has coral or rocks when entering the water. Is the water an nice as Carlisle Bay?   Also any walking directions would be helpful.  Carol

Just visited Brandon's Beach on 9/20 it was so peaceful and amazing. We got several dirty looks from the cab drivers in the port. They kept trying to talk us into going to one of the beach clubs on Carlisle bay. They finally moved us to a cab without AC. Finally after 20 minutes they took us to Brandon's Beach. Walk outside of the port and catch a cab. Our cab driver on the way back confirmed that the taxis in port get kick backs from the Carlisle Bay resorts.

23 hours ago, Rbullenut said:

Just visited Brandon's Beach on 9/20 it was so peaceful and amazing. We got several dirty looks from the cab drivers in the port. They kept trying to talk us into going to one of the beach clubs on Carlisle bay. They finally moved us to a cab without AC. Finally after 20 minutes they took us to Brandon's Beach. Walk outside of the port and catch a cab. Our cab driver on the way back confirmed that the taxis in port get kick backs from the Carlisle Bay resorts.

I wonder if you would have better luck if you ask to be taken to Rascal's instead of just "Brandon's Beach".

On 9/24/2019 at 11:18 AM, CarolRoy said:

Always went to Browne's Beach - the public area.  Now considering Brandon's Beach as the public area of Browne's Beach has become too crowded for us.  Can anyone tell me if it has coral or rocks when entering the water. Is the water an nice as Carlisle Bay?   Also any walking directions would be helpful.  Carol

For me you just can't beat the water and sand of Carlisle.  Brandon's is pretty darn close tho.  There are some areas with rocks and also places where it may not be as easy to enter and exit the water.

I would not walk to Brandon's and I've walked to Carlisle many times.  The area you would walk through seemed more industrial and I'm not even sure there are sidewalks all the way.  There may be a decent path to follow but I didn't see it from our taxi and I saw nobody walking.

Thanks for all your replies on Brandon's Beach.  We have always gone to Browne's Beach on Carlisle  Bay.  It's pass Lobster's Alive and all the rest of them.  Browne's Beach used to be very quiet and really not too crowded.  Now it seems like the popularity of this area has caught on.  Now it too is lined with all the beach lounges and umbrellas. And as  Rhbullenut has said the taxi drivers want to take you to Carlisle beach clubs.  Browne's Beach is just a few seconds down the road but some of the taxi drivers tried to drop us off at Lobster's Alive an it was the same taxi fare.

We will venture to Brandon's Beach this time.  Just hope it is not too rocky.