Apps for Princess

MixerDave

24 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

I will be on the Star 12/4/2019, with no medallion.  I expect internet to be poor.  Is there an app for messages, etc?  Any other advice will be appreciated.

The intranet app is available once you board the ship. There's usually a sign in front of the internet cafe plus the directions are on the first day's Patter.

There is a message function but it doesn't have a notification sound, thus if you leave a message for someone (you have to have the correct contact info) they won't know it's there until/when/if they look for it.

It's kind of worthless.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, MissP22 said:

I though it might change with the intro of the medallion but so far it hasn't.

Not all ships have Medallion yet... we booked a 10-day for October 2019 this week and they don’t offer Medallion on the Star Princess. 

6 hours ago, Cls241 said:

Not all ships have Medallion yet... we booked a 10-day for October 2019 this week and they don’t offer Medallion on the Star Princess. 

I was referring to the messaging app. It was worthless before the Medallion system and still is. 

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I was referring to the messaging app. It was worthless before the Medallion system and still is. 

I have never had a messaging app work well on a ship.. you're right about that. I did hope we would have the Medallion for access around the ship / room, but maybe next cruise.  Just a cool idea. 

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Just curious, does the Medallion notify you of messages?  Because otherwise, the message system is still worthless!

It message does nothing but appear on the phone & unless you bother to check it 20 times an hour, why bother to even carry a phone? 

Not even so much as a vibrate or one simple chime.

I guess Princess feels as though people would get upset if everyone's phones were chiming all the time.