Flowers Onboard

T5LHR

As next year is a special sailing for me... And, I love having fresh flowers about the place... I would like to have some in my stateroom onboard. 

However, as much as I like them, I don't like the onboard cost! 

Has anyone taken flowers onboard? Easy enough to do? Any challenge to taking them on? 

Ta muchly. 

🙂

Since a cruise is a special occasion I haven't had an issue with the cost. The cost is more than a grocery store bouquet but on par with FTD, IMO.

Since it would all have to go thru the scanner you probably shouldn't have the flowers in a vase at the time of boarding.

• Like 1

T5LHR,

I do agree with decorating your cabin with flowers during a sailing adds an extra touch.

I always order floral decoration thru Cunard for our cabin like the one below for my wife to wish her Bon Voyage. And she likes it.

I do agree with you about the $$ but I prefer leaving it up to the Line to agree to delivery it onboard and leaving one more extra task to do on during embarkation. They do a very good job and it's always in the cabin on arrival. The arrangement always last the entire length of the sailing even a 11 day cruise once on.

Give it some thought...... 

20170702_181139.jpg

• Like 2

It really depends on how much other stuff you're bringing on. Do you want to be worrying about not crushing the flowers while you juggle carry-ons? It's easier to bring them on at the first port, but I suspect you're talking about a TA, in which case that won't work.

When we sailed on our anniversary a few years ago, friends sent us flowers through Cunard and they were beautiful, fresh, and lasted through the cruise. Yes, they're expensive but if you're worried about quality, that won't be an issue.

• Like 1

My understanding from this forum is that 'The Art of Flower Arranging Class' is usually offered by the 2nd or 3rd Sea Day of a crossing. This can be taken as a one day class or a two day class and a fee applies, $50 for two days or $30 for only one day. Each class is 1.5 hours. I've read that the bouquet you create will then be delivered to either your stateroom or your restaurant dining table. I'm in!

• Like 1

There is an option for a single rose - white, red or pink if I remember rightly.  I just wanted something small for next to my DH's photo so ordered a single white rose and this is what was waiting for me:

1907236740_20190428QM2Cabin4211(24).thumb.JPG.56fd7d6ecef56e6a5ba7d3e0997cf19f.JPG

It was ideal, and I was very impressed with the presentation especially as it only cost $5.

When the rose faded I ordered another on board which came just as the single rose, no foliage, but I put it in with the original greenery as it was still fine.  

Then in Red Hook I bought flowers at the Fairway supermarket and had no problem taking them on board for the return trip.

• Like 4

On 9/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, Tigrou said:

There is an option for a single rose - white, red or pink if I remember rightly.  I just wanted something small for next to my DH's photo so ordered a single white rose and this is what was waiting for me:

1907236740_20190428QM2Cabin4211(24).thumb.JPG.56fd7d6ecef56e6a5ba7d3e0997cf19f.JPG

It was ideal, and I was very impressed with the presentation especially as it only cost $5.

When the rose faded I ordered another on board which came just as the single rose, no foliage, but I put it in with the original greenery as it was still fine.  

Then in Red Hook I bought flowers at the Fairway supermarket and had no problem taking them on board for the return trip.

This sounds perfect...! Thank you for showing what the single rose looks like... 🙂