Pacific Explorer in Eden today - 14th September 2019

I see that!  Wonderful!  We will be visiting Eden in January.  Thanks for posting. 

She IS docked, right?  I had read that most ships anchor and then there's a short tender to shore.  However, when I looked at Marine Traffic a few minutes ago, it appeared she was docked.  

Mostly just posting again so I can turn on the "Notify me" option....

So I guess this is a new dock for Eden?  Glad to hear it.  I don't mind tendering, but it does usually add a little time to sightseeing plans!

And I realize you're probably not from Eden, but could you or someone else be able to give me an idea of how far a walk it is to the Sapphire Coast Museum?  Is it up that road I see?  Also, is there a car rental place within easy walking distance of the cruise ship dock?  I'm a lighthouse lover and I may want to drive to Ben Boyds (and sorry if I spelled that wrong). Thanks. 

Edited by roothy123

On 9/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, roothy123 said:

Mostly just posting again so I can turn on the "Notify me" option....

So I guess this is a new dock for Eden?  Glad to hear it.  I don't mind tendering, but it does usually add a little time to sightseeing plans!

And I realize you're probably not from Eden, but could you or someone else be able to give me an idea of how far a walk it is to the Sapphire Coast Museum?  Is it up that road I see?  Also, is there a car rental place within easy walking distance of the cruise ship dock?  I'm a lighthouse lover and I may want to drive to Ben Boyds (and sorry if I spelled that wrong). Thanks. 

Yes, Eden has a new wharf capable of holding a ship. First used yesterday by Pacific Explorer.