CPS Parking

spf

45 minutes ago, BrianI said:

If you are with CPS then you drive up to the terminal and hand over your car. Lots of people to direct you. Make sure your parking “pass” is on your windscreen.

Brian

As Brian says, you drive right up to the terminal, follow the directions from people directing you and wait in line for CPS staff to process you. They will take all your luggage from your car, all you need to take with you is your hand luggage. The next time you see your cases is outside your cabin. It really couldn’t be easier. When you return, it is a short walk to where your car is parked. Show them the ticket you are given when they check you in on arrival and they will give you your car key and tell you which row your car is in. 

I believe they are trialling a new procedure at Ocean Terminal for when the new ship Iona arrives so you might be directed to an undercover area a short walk from terminal and you unload your car and CPS take your car from you and you take your own suitcases on luggage trolleys to the "hole in the wall" where porters will take them off you. If you have disabilities then there will be somebody there to assist you and take your suitcases for you.

Edited by majortom10

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I believe they are trialling a new procedure at Ocean Terminal for when the new ship Iona arrives so you might be directed to an undercover area a short walk from terminal and you unload your car and CPS take your car from you and you take your own suitcases on luggage trolleys to the "hole in the wall" where porters will take them off you. If you have disabilities then there will be somebody there to assist you and take your suitcases for you.

I am pretty sure the trial is just on Britannia in preparation for Iona. 

Recent travellers have said Ventura is unaffected. 

Andy

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy

I was on Ventura three weeks ago at Ocean and the procedure was the same as it has always been so think you are correct.

Brian

• Like 1

...& try not to mislay your receipt when you go to pick up your keys. I only held up the queue for a couple of minutes. 

Seriously, CPS service is excellent. When we had a problem they were first rate. 

Edited by Ranchi

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 8:44 PM, AndyMichelle said:

Andy

Just an update. 

Passengers boarding Ventura today are reporting that the new system for CPS  is being used and no porters are provided. 

Seems like the trial has been extended. 

Andy 

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just an update. 

Passengers boarding Ventura today are reporting that the new system for CPS  is being used and no porters are provided. 

Seems like the trial has been extended. 

Andy 

Is this still only at Ocean terminal Andy?  Although I don't know why I'm bothered as we use P4C.

53 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Is this still only at Ocean terminal Andy?  Although I don't know why I'm bothered as we use P4C.

I think so John. 

Ventura is at Ocean terminal today, it still seems like it is only in preparation for Iona. 

Andy