Does the Regal Princess have new beds yet?

KruzPrincess

On 10/2/2019 at 5:46 AM, Gracie115 said:

The suites on the Regal had the new beds installed at least a year ago.  We were on the Regal in November 2018 and the new beds were there.  

I was in a Penthouse suite (D726) in November, 2017 and my steward said the bed was the new one. I believe him cuz it was WAY more comfortable than any Princess bed I was ever in before...they used to be as hard as a rock!🥴

• 4 weeks later...

I started this thread awhile back and wanted to come back to share my experience. I just got off the Regal yesterday and I’m happy to say that I had a new mattress. Thank you, Princess. I had a deluxe balcony on Dolphin deck. My friends had an inside cabin on Riviera and they had a new mattress, too. I thought most people had them, but I just read post on another non-CC forum where many complained that they had old mattresses. I do want to say that the mattress base under the plush top was a lot firmer than those I’ve had on other ships, but I decided it was because the mattress was so new. It wasn’t broken in yet. I slept very well and I need a soft mattress. I have, in the past, been an extremely harsh critic of the Princess beds, so these new beds make me happy. 💖

• Like 1

We also disembarked yesterday (great cruise!). I have no idea if we had a new mattress or not, but we thought the bed was very comfortable. But we did meet a number of people who thought otherwise. We were on Caribbean Princess in January, which supposedly has the new bedding & thought it was uncomfortable. Go figure.

• Like 1

We just got back from a mid-October Canada/New England coast cruise.  Our cabin (A437) received new mattresses along with MANY others at one of the ports (sorry, don't remember which port.)  There appeared to be as many as 200 mattresses stacked on the pier waiting to be loaded on board and even more trucks pulling up with more.

mattresses.jpg

• Like 3