World Cruise Visas

Clipper Chick

Never been on a world cruise, but I always do my own visas where necessary. First off, you need to find out where you need visas for. Thats fairly easy using google. Luckily, being Brits, there are a lot of places we don't need visas as you are allowed in free for 90 days or something. Obvious ones you will need (if you are going there) are USA and Oz, which are easy to do online. Most S. America countries don't need one, Asia might (eg India does, Sri Lanka is a transit visa, Singapore and Thailand don't need one). Basically, do your research and find out where you need them first and take it from there. Most countries do it online now, so shouldn't take too long. Good luck!

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

I did all my own visas for the world cruise in 2013.  They were India and China.  India I had to go to London for and China I sent off.  My friend is going to China in a couple of weeks and she had to fill in a multi-page form and then go to London, so thngs have changed since my last visit.  US, Australia and NZ are all online.  Oz is free (at least it was in May), the other two you have to pay few dollars for.  Apparently there's an app for NZ and if you use that you can save $5!!  The ship arranged the rest of the visas while we were on board (Vietnam etc.).  Last time I cruised to Vietnam they were free, so it's worth checking.  Don't let it stress you out, just enjoy the cruise, it'll be fab 👍

We are on Arcadia for the 2020 cruise and have done our own visa.

USA ESTA do on line $14 each 

Australia online free

NZeta there is an app for smart phone we’re you scan your passport MAKE sure that after the scan your name is spelt correctly and all other details are correct. Cost $9 and $35 dollars for an environmental tax.

Sri Lanka is free online but cannot apply till 90 days before arrival 

China depends on what you are doing ashore

1 hour ago, Lesanne said:

We are on Arcadia for the 2020 cruise and have done our own visa.

USA ESTA do on line $14 each 

Australia online free

NZeta there is an app for smart phone we’re you scan your passport MAKE sure that after the scan your name is spelt correctly and all other details are correct. Cost $9 and $35 dollars for an environmental tax.

Sri Lanka is free online but cannot apply till 90 days before arrival 

China depends on what you are doing ashore

Sorry but I must correct you in that you do NOT need a visa for New Zealand if you are a UK citizen and have a UK passport

https://www.newzealand.com/uk/visas-and-immigration/

I visit NZ most years and have never needed any visa to enter the country

2 minutes ago, david63 said:

Sorry but I must correct you in that you do NOT need a visa for New Zealand if you are a UK citizen and have a UK passport

https://www.newzealand.com/uk/visas-and-immigration/

I visit NZ most years and have never needed any visa to enter the country

This is to be introduced from the 1st October 2019 see attached file.

eta-factsheet-for-travel-sector.pdf