Swimming with Dolphins in Nassau

ufgal93

My sister and I are swimming with the dolphins in Nassau but aren't sure which one we should choose. We are looking at the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Swim and Beach day, Dip n Discover at Dolphin Cay (Atlantis), or Swim in Wonder at Dolphin Cay (Atlantis).

We want to be able to swim with them and take pictures. Has anyone done any of these and have thoughts on which one we would enjoy? My sister is 36 and I am 26. 

The environment for the dolphins at Blue Lagoon seemed more "natural" if that makes sense.  .  I don't have kids and did walk through Atlantis.  But it was really crowded with kids.   I'm not a tree hugger by any means but I did enjoy the Blue Lagoon more.  The Dip and Discover would be good for kids but probably is too tame for adults.  The dolphin push/swim is great at Blue Lagoon. But you may enjoy the Swim in Wonder at Atlantis.  

I am looking to do this excursion on my next cruise, also.  From what I have researched, it looks like Blue Lagoon is more favorable!  Many say Atlantis is over priced and you have to wear wet suits and on Blue Lagoon you wear vests.  I am planning on booking Blue Lagoon, if in fact I choose to do this excursion.  It looks like there are 2 that you can choose from:  a "Discover", which is getting into the water with the dolphins and petting/kissing and getting pics and the other involves the same with the addition of actually holding onto their fin and being pulled through the water by the dolphin (seems like the only difference that I have seen).  Maybe someone who has actually done this can comment?

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We did the one at Blue Lagoon. They do not allow you to have your camera with you when you are with the dolphins. 

They will, however, take several pictures and sell them to you

Your family can take lots of pictures from several locations. We loved Blue Lagoon! 

We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon too. You go in groups of about 20 down to the platform which is on the water.  Everyone wears a swim vest.  Then smaller groups of around 6 get to spend some time in the water with the dolphins. The water was freezing in January!  LOL. The interraction with them is about the same, you get to pat them, they give you a kiss, they do tricks etc.  Of course the staff takes heaps of photos and you can buy them later -but I can't recall what the prices were.  

The dolphin (swimming) excursion is right next to this one.  Looks a lot of fun - you get pushed through the water by the dolphins or you hold their fin etc so you have to be ok with that and being in the water.   This dolphin excursion was definately more swimming based and that sounds like what you are after.  Here is us back in January:

Dolphins.thumb.jpg.d4141c6e1a1eb4e32ff93f902c4987ed.jpg

12 hours ago, shazza_h said:

We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon too. You go in groups of about 20 down to the platform which is on the water.  Everyone wears a swim vest.  Then smaller groups of around 6 get to spend some time in the water with the dolphins. The water was freezing in January!  LOL. The interraction with them is about the same, you get to pat them, they give you a kiss, they do tricks etc.  Of course the staff takes heaps of photos and you can buy them later -but I can't recall what the prices were.  

The dolphin (swimming) excursion is right next to this one.  Looks a lot of fun - you get pushed through the water by the dolphins or you hold their fin etc so you have to be ok with that and being in the water.   This dolphin excursion was definately more swimming based and that sounds like what you are after.  Here is us back in January:

Dolphins.thumb.jpg.d4141c6e1a1eb4e32ff93f902c4987ed.jpg

If I do this excursion, my mother will be with me....my question is, how do you get down to the platform, ladder?  And if so, is it easy to use?  Some can take more effort, especially getting out!  Are there options for those who may have difficulty getting in and out by a ladder?  Thank you and looks like ur family had a fabulous time!

9 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

If I do this excursion, my mother will be with me....my question is, how do you get down to the platform, ladder?  And if so, is it easy to use?  Some can take more effort, especially getting out!  Are there options for those who may have difficulty getting in and out by a ladder?  Thank you and looks like ur family had a fabulous time!

Hi ya

You get down to the platform by just walking down a ramp.  It's not steep at all and just a gentle slope.   They have you sit on the platform and you can dangle your feet in the water.  You get into the water to have the interraction with the dolphins by going down another ramp which is partially submerged in the water.  There are no ladders.  There will be plenty of people around to help you get in and out and the dolphin trainers are there too.  I think you should be ok with your mum. 

15 hours ago, shazza_h said:

Hi ya

You get down to the platform by just walking down a ramp.  It's not steep at all and just a gentle slope.   They have you sit on the platform and you can dangle your feet in the water.  You get into the water to have the interraction with the dolphins by going down another ramp which is partially submerged in the water.  There are no ladders.  There will be plenty of people around to help you get in and out and the dolphin trainers are there too.  I think you should be ok with your mum. 

Great!!  Thank you so much for your response!  I think I will probably try and book this....  :)