B2B Cabin Switch

Gorilla Girl

Good morning everyone, 

I hope it’s OK that I’m asking this question here as it’s pretty generic. I was wondering if a cabin that you had initially wanted became available for your second week of a back to back cruise, would you change cabins? Or would you stay in the same cabin you booked for the first week.   I am trying to weigh out the advantages and disadvantages myself  but I haven’t done a back to back cruise in several years so I may be forgetting some of the disadvantages. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

If I understand you correctly you are currently booked into cabin "A" for the first leg and cabin "B" for the second leg. You really want cabin "C" for the second leg, but it isn't available. If cabin "C" it becomes available you wish to have "C" instead of "B". Am I correct? You can probably do this if cabins B & C are the same category. If you are thinking about switching once on the ship, that is a real long shot.

IMO.........I doubt it. Changing cabins onboard to one you were not originally booked in is probably not going to happen.

Even when a passenger has issues with a particular cabin during a cruise and need to change it's like pulling teeth to get any change to happen.

All you can do is ask once onboard.

I'm sorry I phrased the question incorrectly.  I am booked for some up-coming cruises and I have the same cabin booked for both weeks but a preferred cabin is now showing available but only for the second week.  I am trying to decide if I should go for the larger cabin for the second week or just stay with my booking as is.  

6 minutes ago, Gorilla Girl said:

I'm sorry I phrased the question incorrectly.  I am booked for some up-coming cruises and I have the same cabin booked for both weeks but a preferred cabin is now showing available but only for the second week.  I am trying to decide if I should go for the larger cabin for the second week or just stay with my booking as is.  

and perk or price difference if you change ?

5 minutes ago, Gorilla Girl said:

Ahh...I would think you could do that.

If it is a different cat you may have to pay more.

Best to call your TA/Princess.

I recently found myself in a similar situation.  I had a slightly more desirable cabin on the first leg (a two-person interior without the side-mounted bunks) and a slightly less desirable cabin on the second leg (a four-person cabin with the "head knocking" bunk beds.  The rooms were just around the corner from each other, but with one being port and the other being starboard, I would also be changing cabin stewards.  On Monday, the slightly less desirable cabin became available for the first leg.  I called Princess and had it changed.  There was no change in price because the cabins were both IE cabins.  I would rather spend turn around day relaxing by the pool, or picking up some wine for the second leg, than having to move my stuff to another cabin.  The stewards will help you, but anything not on hanger needs to go in a suitcase.  Personally, I wouldn't move unless the other cabin is just so much better that it negates the hassle of changing cabins. 

• Like 2

Here goes. If you are booked as a single cruise with a single booking number, then no chance. You would have to go back to square one and start over. If you are booked with 2 different booking numbers then yes you would be able to book the second week in the new cabin, but it would be a new booking, and you would receive whatever promo is available at the time you made the change.