New Orleans AC Hotel

Momma Rene

NCL placed us in the New Orleans AC Hotel.  I booked and made final payment.  When I booked, the hotel was not listed on the site.  However, when I looked today, I noticed the wording "Prices from $170".  I paid $300 a night.  Anyone have any experience with NCL on this topic?  Unfortunately, our room rate went down $1,000 for 2 people.  The only thing I could do was change rooms and thereby recouped $600.  I'm told they will not change the hotel rate because they changed the room.  

You booked a hotel through NCL?  If I recall previous discussions, NCL charges you PER PERSON for the room, even if it's one room.  That means that a $150 room rate is really $300, even though you're only using one room.  

Yea, that free air is not longer such a great deal - LOL

Never book cruise line hotels if you can help it.  Always overpriced, and you have no leverage at the front desk if you are an elite hotel member.  You are just crap to them.

If the site said "Prices FROM $170," it doesn't mean that the night you're staying is $170. It could be $300. Hotel rates vary, so it could just be that the night you need is on the higher end. Or, as others have mentioned, it could be the per person rate that NCL charges for hotel stays.