Couple of Star questions

bostonfred

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Good info ,We are looking at the Star for a 10 night Mexico cruise in 2021 from Sam Pedro   

This is a nice itinerary. Did it once and are booked for February 2021. Really enjoyed Loreto. Never got into LaPaz. There was a big festival the day we were there and transportation to town was all tied up in big time traffic delays. Hopefully will see it this time around.

The Star has four freshwater pools (Lotus, Neptune, Calypso, and Terrace) and I have been in the pools on numerous Alaskan Princess cruises, including the Star’s maiden voyage in 2002. Always found the temperature very nice. I would be surprised if they were not heated, given the outside temps on many of those days, including Prince William Sound/College Fjord. The Calypso pool is covered in the conservancy and there are seven hot tubs scattered between Lido and Sports decks. My wife and I will also be on the Star for the Hawaii cruise and plan on visiting the pools when calm seas allow.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, vampiress said:

i never had issue son my hawaii trip finding seats int he theater, but we did arrive 20-30 minutes early.  but the vista and explorer's lounge show were always hard to find seats.  i guess the shows in those venues were way more popular than the stage shows on that cruise.

Not necessarily. Those venues are a lot smaller, so they fill up quickly. And those shows are generally only presented once.