NCL Escape entertainment (and such) booking question

newone17

Hello,

Over the time i saw here some mentioning about entertainment booking on Escape... So i booked After Midnight show online.  Everything else is unavailable to book online.  It would be my first time on Escape, so, having too much to learn/see/find out about the ship upon boarding - any suggestions from experienced or just recent "escapers" - where to run first?)) What to book upon embarkation so it would be out of the way? Or something else we need to know to do first thing on the ship? Thank you.

20 minutes ago, newone17 said:

Hello,

Over the time i saw here some mentioning about entertainment booking on Escape... So i booked After Midnight show online.  Everything else is unavailable to book online.  It would be my first time on Escape, so, having too much to learn/see/find out about the ship upon boarding - any suggestions from experienced or just recent "escapers" - where to run first?)) What to book upon embarkation so it would be out of the way? Or something else we need to know to do first thing on the ship? Thank you.

I went to the box office at the main theater and reserved evening shows for the entire week. 

The last night's dining can be tight if you do specialty restaurants.  

3 hours ago, phillyguy31 said:

If you plan on specialty dining I would try and make those reservations as well. If they are all filled do it when you get on board, they only open a small number of reservations prior to boarding.

Right. I'll play it by ear on the ship.  If it's not available - no biggie, plenty of food..  I'm more interested in entertainment or other activities on the ship - last year on Anthem of the Sea we needed to book Sky diving and North Star as well as evening shows. But thank you for your response.

3 hours ago, billslowsky said:

I went to the box office at the main theater and reserved evening shows for the entire week. 

The last night's dining can be tight if you do specialty restaurants.  

Ok, will do that!  Do I need to reserve late night's comedians or whatever is presented or only main theater's shows? Thank you.

27 minutes ago, newone17 said:

Ok, will do that!  Do I need to reserve late night's comedians or whatever is presented or only main theater's shows? Thank you.

Yes, comedy shows required reservations, you can make those at the box office as well.  At about ten minutes before each comedy show they would allow others to take seats - but there was always a line outside.

You should also save the paper copy that you fill out as a receipt in case it doesn't show up on their computer when you get to the show.

4 hours ago, newone17 said:

Hello,

As soon as we embark, we head to the box office (Deck 7 Forward, Starboard Theater entrance) to book entertainment. They will have a list of all shows. We book/adjust the two main theater shows, comedy shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+), Escape Room Times, wine lovers (extra charge), Supper Club cabaret (extra charge), complimentary dinner shows in the Supper Club, and Canvas by U painting classes (extra charge). 

Then we head to Headliners to fix dinner reservations which got stomped on by our show reservations. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 2:42 PM, newone17 said:

Hello,

Go to the box office at the ship's theater when you board.  Sign up for any shows or activities that require reservations (including comedy shows and the escape room, if you wish).  Save the paper receipt with your reservations in case they mess up on the computer system.

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

Go to the box office at the ship's theater when you board.  Sign up for any shows or activities that require reservations (including comedy shows and the escape room, if you wish).  Save the paper receipt with your reservations in case they mess up on the computer system.

Will do!  Tried to call NCL for some other staff, waited for-EVER! so, will be booking onboard.  Thank you!

Just off Escape (22nd September). Booked speciality in advance but had no problem booking Choir of Man onboard during the week, but if you can do it day 1, I’d recommend it. The show is fantastic. 

Not sure if it would help but just published my review 

https://highseasescapades.co.uk/ncl-escape-from-new-york-to-new-england-and-canada/

On 9/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, BirdTravels said:

As soon as we embark, we head to the box office (Deck 7 Forward, Starboard Theater entrance) to book entertainment. They will have a list of all shows. We book/adjust the two main theater shows, comedy shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+), Escape Room Times, wine lovers (extra charge), Supper Club cabaret (extra charge), complimentary dinner shows in the Supper Club, and Canvas by U painting classes (extra charge). 

Then we head to Headliners to fix dinner reservations which got stomped on by our show reservations. 

What is the supper club cabaret?

I managed to book After Midnight online but no other reservations were offered so I called this morning to see if I could book anything by phone as another poster suggested and was told that since I booked my cruise directly with NCL, I would have to call my NCL personal cruise consultant for those bookings. Hopefully he can book at least 1 other show for me when I call him on Monday, otherwise I guess I'll go to the box office when I embark.