Costa Maya Port Exit Map

Houndfish

18 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

With all the discussion about the difficulty in finding an exit from the port, can anyone put together a free hand map to share?

Put “map” into the search engine for this forum. Plenty of maps put together before.

of course the situation is dynamic - there used to be three exits but which one is available at any one time changes.

Edited by c-leg5
Removed outdated info

Here is a previous thread on the subject starting at page 8 #179.

It discusses some of the alternative exits you can look for. Mitsugirly’s map probably indicates the official route which you will find if you follow the signs. We follow a somewhat similar route (if we don’t  cut out to the car park) but usually keep below the swimming pool near the dolphins to avoid some of the shops and vendors.

Edited by c-leg5

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Here is a previous thread on the subject starting at page 8 #179.

It discusses some of the alternative exits you can look for. Mitsugirly’s map probably indicates the official route which you will find if you follow the signs. We follow a somewhat similar route (if we don’t  cut out to the car park) but usually keep below the swimming pool near the dolphins to avoid some of the shops and vendors.

Yea, except they always have those other 2 places (which you used to be able to get out of them before they remolded the port) blocked off and the last 2 times I have been there they actually had security standing there to keep people from using those exits. I think it's just crap they make us walk by all the shops. UGH!

Oh dang, I didn't realize there was a way to go without having to go around the pool. But I'm looking back at my pictures and now see there is a walkway there by the dolphin area. I'm glad you mentioned this!

P4161334%20copy-M.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

14 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

When we were here in 2016, they actually had a truck blocking one of the exit doors.

PB162123%20copy-M.jpg

I agree the “old” official exits of times gone by are hit and miss whether they are open/blocked/locked/guarded. There are a few cut-throughs via shops but it comes down to whether you waste time searching, or just keep moving and get out as direct a way as possible. 

It is certainly a long way for anyone  with limited mobility and young children, especially coupled with the long pier walk if the trolley isn't running.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, scooter6251 said:

Is there any type transportation on the pier to the port?  Looks very long for my age & knees.  Thanks

There used to be a “for tips” trolley that runs the length of the pier to the entrance to the port area. 

It has been  rather intermittent as to whether or not it was running while construction of the pier extensions were underway but perhaps it has begun running more regularly again?

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 1:10 PM, charmy98 said:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/costa-maya-port-455 uou will find a map here and any other ports.

Great site.  Unfortunately for Costa Maya, the maps showing the exits have been out of date for a long time. The only exit that will definitely be open is the one shown in post 3. The others have been mostly walled up, with the exception of a small gate/door at each exit that is normally closed. Last week we noticed one wooden gate that was zip tied shut. Earlier this year, we saw one of the old exits with an open gate partially blocked by a decorative vehicle. The gate had a sign telling you not to use it, but people were able to exit. So I would be prepared to follow the map in post 3, but if you want to wander by the old exits, you could get lucky.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

There used to be a “for tips” trolley that runs the length of the pier to the entrance to the port area. 

It has been  rather intermittent as to whether or not it was running while construction of the pier extensions were underway but perhaps it has begun running more regularly again?

We have seen this in the past, but it was not running (or visible) last week with two ships in port.

• Like 1

Ok, so here's an updated version of post #3 that someone mentioned that you could go by the pool and cross across. I guess I didn't realize you could cross there. If so, it would be even quicker to get out of this mess!

Costa-Maya-Port-Mapexit-L.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...