AARP REWARDS FOR GOOD ending

ladylyn915

43 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Where is your problem? If you are able to add to cart and start the checkout process and followed all the advice given here with exact name match, correct credit card number, exp date, cv 3 digit code, then you may need to contact your credit card company to see if they are denying the charge for security reasons. Some credit card companies are very wary of online charges because of the rampant fraud that happens.

It is the AARP website. In the past have had numerous times where following ALL the steps correctly, just will not process. Comes back with error message such as billing and shipping address must match. Guess what! They do. Just had to keep trying until suddenly it works.

Not always operator error.

46 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

It is the AARP website. In the past have had numerous times where following ALL the steps correctly, just will not process. Comes back with error message such as billing and shipping address must match. Guess what! They do. Just had to keep trying until suddenly it works.

Not always operator error.

I wasn't suggesting operator error. If all steps are correct sometimes the CC company may deny charges as a security matter. Just throwing out suggestions not blame. The person having trouble getting the cards didn't clarify what their actual issue is. Also besides shipping address the names must match exactly also, as others have stated.

Edited by n6uqqq

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

I wasn't suggesting operator error. If all steps are correct sometimes the CC company may deny charges as a security matter. Just throwing out suggestions not blame. The person having trouble getting the cards didn't clarify what their actual issue is. Also besides shipping address the names must match exactly also, as others have stated.

Fair enough. I was just thinking that judging from several responses on these boards, cc company would be my last course of action. But I hate making phone calls.

9 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Fair enough. I was just thinking that judging from several responses on these boards, cc company would be my last course of action. But I hate making phone calls.

Believe me, calling the CC company would be a last resort for me also 😉. I went through the address issues myself. I was trying to ship to my work address and my billing address didn't match so I ended up changing the billing address of one CC to my work address. Problem solved. The UPS guy comes right to my desk now at work in the warehouse instead of me having to retrieve the cards from the UPS store.

13 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'm hoping this banner on the Rewards for Good homepage is just an indication that it's our last chance to redeem our points and not our last chance at buying Carnival cards overall. As if to say they're getting rid of them. I guess we'll find out in a couple days.

uc?export=download&id=1PwZEZ8JGWs-cocWv7

I hope you are right also. Unfortunately when Verizon rewards changed it was not for the better and I had a similar situation with Coke rewards going down the tubes also. I am cautiously optimistic but have become a big fan of Allstate as a backup plan B .

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, FTLCruiseGal said:

Some have said you can only order 2 at a time.  Try for 1 $500 card and then 2 separate orders for the remaining $400.

Hmm, I ordered 1 $500 card and 4 $100 cards in one order last Monday with no problem. Maybe glitches in the system from time to time.  Using mine towards my Horizon cruise next August.  Hope the new program includes the Carnival cards too!   

I just this moment used my last 37,000 points to buy $3700 worth of gift cards (3 AARP accts - mine, hubby, mom).  Even though I don't have a cruise booked right now, I know I will soon.  TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO PLACE ORDERS !

I did have a problem one time where my credit card company denied the charge.  I called, got it fixed, and was able to order immediately.  I also had the problem before where my addresses didn't match even though I typed them the same (a year or two ago).  Now I enter the billing address then click the box to use the same billing address for shipping. 

I just completed our final order (well, orders) before tomorrow's changeover. I tried to order the 2-pack of $500 cards, a single $500 card, and two $100 cards, but it wouldn't let me do it all at once, so I broke it down into two orders. The 2-pack of $500 cards and one $100 card in one order. The single $500 and one $100 in the second order. That way I keep them both above $500 so they're sent UPS and I can track them.

That only leaves me with around 4,000 points left. Any points we have left over, AARP automatically enters them for a chance to win a selection of Visa Prepaid cards.