AARP REWARDS FOR GOOD ending

ladylyn915

I tried to do a search to see if this has already been covered and I did not see anything.  AARP Rewards for Good program that offers discounted Gift Cards is ending on September 23, 2019.  On September 24, 2019 the program will be AARP Rewards.  Your existing points will not be transferable.  You can use your points for two more days.

I was shocked yesterday when I went online to check on how many points I had.  Today, I used my 6000 points to purchase two cards even though my cruise is not until next summer.

The AARP website does not state what exactly the new program will be.

If everyone already knew this, I'm sorry for the duplication.

Lyn

Just now, coevan said:

look again, i just went to AARP and Carnival gift cards are there right now

Yes, that is correct. However, it is only September 21st, and not September 23rd. After September 23rd (when the program officially changes from Rewards for Good to AARP Rewards), we will know if AARP will vend discounted Carnival gift cards!

Just now, coevan said:

not sure what you are getting at, someone posted a link above saying it ends 7/25 which we know is not accurate

7/25 was the date in which you could no longer earn points. Although misleading date wise, it is somewhat correct.

14 minutes ago, sassy~one said:

I have 9100 points and have tried for days to get Carnival gift cards.  Even 3 phone calls and no luck.  I really really wanted 900.00 gift cards.  Is anyone having trouble with ordering? Thanks

I ordered last Friday and they came Wednesday. I thought about getting 1 more $500 but we leave Thursday for Valor and just hate for them not to show before we leave and it sits somewhere until we get back.

43 minutes ago, sassy~one said:

I have 9100 points and have tried for days to get Carnival gift cards.  Even 3 phone calls and no luck.  I really really wanted 900.00 gift cards.  Is anyone having trouble with ordering? Thanks

They are available right now, just looked

56 minutes ago, sassy~one said:

Have you tried ordering 1- $500 card then in another order 4- $100? I also had to change my shipping address to same as credit card address , they won't ship to PO box. And once I had not clicked on Mastercard to specify what kind of card it was.

5 minutes ago, Hmdecor said:

I have tried everything.  Yes the PO box, even calling to check on my addy.  I will try again.  Thanks  

Have you tried ordering 1- $500 card then in another order 4- $100? I also had to change my shipping address to same as credit card address , they won't ship to PO box. And once I had not clicked on Mastercard to specify what kind of card it was.

3 hours ago, sassy~one said:

Be very careful when entering your shipping address and payment information.  I had to do mine three times before it would accept my information.  They have to be exact.  I had a period after my middle initial in one place and not the other.  Crazy.

I hope you get it resolved.  Good Luck!

4 minutes ago, ladylyn915 said:

Sorry!  I knew there would be - I just couldn't find it.  My search was AARP Rewards for Good - so it should have come up.

It's alright, I always have problems with searching for specific information. Just glad you took the time to search, rather than just posting obliviously.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I completely missed the program was ending.  Just tried to find out how many points I had since deadline is fast approaching.  Unfortunately, the AARP website is "down for maintenance".  I'll try again tomorrow.

10 hours ago, sassy~one said:

Some have said you can only order 2 at a time.  Try for 1 $500 card and then 2 separate orders for the remaining $400.

17 hours ago, sassy~one said:

Where is your problem? If you are able to add to cart and start the checkout process and followed all the advice given here with exact name match, correct credit card number, exp date, cv 3 digit code, then you may need to contact your credit card company to see if they are denying the charge for security reasons. Some credit card companies are very wary of online charges because of the rampant fraud that happens.

I'm bummed because we still had 85,000+ points in the program. I doubt the new program will be as beneficial as this was. We bought $1,100 worth of cards Wednesday to pay off our upcoming Conquest trip and pay for most of our Cheers package. We received the cards on Saturday so we're good there. I'm hopeful, but not optimistic that the new program will be as good.