Global Entry

tinkertwo

13 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

I wish they would have kept this on the main Royal board so there would be Royal specific answers.

Oh, did the Mods move it?  I thought I posted it to the wrong place so I reposted on the Royal site.  I might be in trouble, lol.

Last few times we have disembarked in FLL and in Port Canaveral, the GS machines were not activated and everyone just went through the regular line. If it is a closed circuit cruise (starts and ends in US port), they keep the line moving and don’t seem to check super carefully like at an airport. Might be different for a transatlantic cruise. 

GS? They are NOT putting the Global Entry machines at places like Port Everglades, as it really isn't cost effective to put them there for 2 hours a day, maybe not even every day- not every terminal is used every day. Rather, you show your GE card, and get quite expedited service.

PortMiami gets discussed frequently for GE, but still no confirmation they are separating out GE there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dctravel said:

I meant GE. Trouble typing on the iPhone, sorry. 

I questioned that because, for awhile, United called their international First Class "Global First". And their second highest elite rank is "Global Services". When Global Entry came along, many started tying (incorrectly) some of these things together, and creating problems. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoAnneNYI said:

This is a great app to have. There is a free version (which I have used) and a paid that will store your info so don't have to reenter for each trip.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

When got off a earlier in the year at PE they lady laughed at me for having my phone out with the App on.  We don't use that here.  One line for everybody, but that was crappy Pier 29.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, dctravel said:

Last few times we have disembarked in FLL and in Port Canaveral, the GS machines were not activated and everyone just went through the regular line. If it is a closed circuit cruise (starts and ends in US port), they keep the line moving and don’t seem to check super carefully like at an airport. Might be different for a transatlantic cruise. 

Leaving Port Everglades last November, there was a separate line for Global Entry and I didn't even have to show my card.  Hubby went through regular customs and was out 5 minutes later.

1 hour ago, shofer said:

Leaving Port Everglades last November, there was a separate line for Global Entry and I didn't even have to show my card.  Hubby went through regular customs and was out 5 minutes later.

In June, the port workers wouldn't let me go through the GE line without a card. Also, when the GE kiosk didn't work for my kids after a flight, the GE agent was adamant that we need to have our cards with us in the future.  So twice now it's been made apparent that we need to have our cards on us if we intend to use GE. 

10 hours ago, shofer said:

Port Everglades has had GE for a couple of years now, and is well documented. The OP was asking about PortMiami.