Can we bring our own luggage aboard?

GetMeToTheSpa

2 hours ago, flying fingers said:

Can anyone tell me if a standard size 29" hard shell will fit through X-Ray machine. I would like to arrive a little later and go straight to my room. Day about 1:00

I would think so ... I take a 27" one on with me.  I line it up with a 22" carry on and it is no wider or does it have any more depth than the smaller one .. it is simply taller.  We have medical equipment I am not going to entrust in the hands of a porter so, we carry that one on all the time.  We also put our wine that we want to take onboard in the same bag, so everything in that bag is fragile and they do ask that you carry wine that you want to bring onboard so you can pay the corkage.  Anyway, the height of a bag makes no difference in the scanner ... it's only the width and depth that you should have to worry about.  

And, btw, we noticed that last time, they were collected luggage at the entrance to the dining room where they were serving lunch.  I would hope they just allow us to drop our bags in the closet and go explore, but as of two months ago, it was still a big no no!!  

On 9/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, WatchHill said:

Interesting, that Celebrity lets you drop hand-carry items in your cabin as soon as you board, but you then must leave the area so that crew can complete setting up cabins. 

Darcy

I haven't sailed on Celebrity in over a year but we were never allowed you to do this in the past.  We always had to wait for the announcement before we could even get into the hallways to go to our room!  They were dead serious about this, too.  

Our rooms were not ready until about 3, so they had a dining room area you could drop your bags and come back later for. We went to lunch and they lined up the bags, and we took ours on the way out. By then we were moving our bags to the other area and we were told we could go ahead and walk them to our room, so we did. 🙂 But if the room is not ready, they should have a place for them to be held so you do not need to walk them around the ship. 

you can, but why.  i've always had my luggage by muster or just after. i suppose if you get to the port late walking on seems to make sense, but if you are getting on before rooms are ready at 1, i honestly do not see any benefit.

• Like 1

I've always carried my 22" onboard and the girls will do the same. They aren't too heavy for us to use the stairs but then our highest deck is just Baja. Drop them inside our door, take my purse and head back to MDR for lunch

So it can depend on which deck you're on and how heavy your luggage is. 

We boarded the Sky noonish (fastest ever), took carry-ons to our cabin, and unpacked. When we opened the door to go explore, two of our four cases were in the hall. The third came soon after. The fourth we had to track down (it was our case of wine). In any case, we were well unpacked by the safety drill time. At cruise end, we always do EZ check, so we don't have to handle luggage to the airport either--there were seven ships in FLL, so all that luggage was a nightmare in the unsecured lobby, especially since Delta wouldn't check it in until two hours prior to the flights. Having no luggage, we just breezed through. It's all about ease!