First Booking/Cruise On RCL - What Tips Can You Give Me?

I typically cruise on Princess, but I am looking at a fall New England/Canada cruise out of Baltimore in 2020 (Oct 1-10).  Intend to book an Ocean View room for three - mom and two (adult) daughters. So - it's an "expanded" OV room (can't remember the exact term, but sleeps up to 4)

What helpful tips - (or warnings) - can you tell me about cruising with RCL?  Or about this particular itinerary? Excursions, etc?

What (and when) are their best discounts and sales that come around I might be on the lookout for? I haven't booked yet, but have kind of gone through doing a "mock" booking.

Are deposits refundable up to a certain day beforehand?

The ship - Grandeur of the Seas?  I see that there has been a recent propulsion problem. Figure that will be resolved by this time next year (one can hope)

The room...?  Anything about the amenities or the bathroom that would be helpful to know for 3 ladies traveling together for 9 days?

Tips on MDR dining, or the buffet?

Entertainment?

The Spa?

I don't know what I don't know, so whatever you can tell me to save my having to learn through trial and error would be helpful and VERY appreciated! 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, WoodstockGirl said:

What (and when) are their best discounts and sales that come around I might be on the lookout for? I haven't booked yet, but have kind of gone through doing a "mock" booking.

Varies quite a bit but it could be that the best price is inside final payment (about 60 days out) - not sure you are brave enough to gamble on that. 

Deposits may or may not be refundable.  If you book a Grand Suite or better, or a guarantee, those deposits are not refundable.  Other stateroom categories can be refundable, but you have to opt for that at booking.

Normal non-suite bathroom amenities are bars of soap and a dispenser in the shower with a combo shampoo/conditioner mixture.